Photo
- - - - -

Luck or AJ Green?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#31 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Why draft AJ Green when Alshon Jeffrey will be coming out in a year or two?

#32 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

LUCK

and it's not even close

#33 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

AJ Green.

A good coach and a solid vet QB can give you a good offense if you have legit talent.

Yeah, just wont win you a Super Bowl

#34 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

No question it should be Luck, if Luck doesn't come out then we should trade down for somebody who wants Cam Newton.

#35 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,688 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

Clausen doesn't have a good supporting cast

We're not fine at WR

And I'd take Luck

#36 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:44 AM

I argued that he already has a good supporting cast, the offense just looks like poo due to bad play calling and clausen looks like a deer in headlights under center.

You argued that he has a good supporting cast? Have you seen how atrocious our line is?

The entire argument seemed like he was being a huge homer, specifically when he claimed that luck is only a decent Pac-10 QB, and won't be an elite one in the NFL because he only plays in the Pac-10, but Clausen will... I called him a retard then named every good QB to ever come out of the Pac-10 in the history of the NFL.

I have a better one for you, name 1 good QB in the NFL today thats from the Pac 10 not named Aaron Rogers....

To give a rookie only 1 year to play the position and bail on him is ignorant. If we draft Luck he will be given more then 1 year, soooo why is he any different?

#37 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

Yeah, just wont win you a Super Bowl

I believe Brad Johnson won a superbowl with the Bucs in 2002, veteran QB. So there goes your theory.

#38 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

I believe Brad Johnson won a superbowl with the Bucs in 2002, veteran QB. So there goes your theory.

Last i checked that was a one of a kind buccaneers defense, same gos for Dilfer and the ravens....

there have also been several rule changes since then that make that style of play obsolete so you really haven't said a thing.

#39 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,070 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Luck or trade down for top DT.

#40 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

I have a better one for you, name 1 good QB in the NFL today thats from the Pac 10 not named Aaron Rogers....

To give a rookie only 1 year to play the position and bail on him is ignorant. If we draft Luck he will be given more then 1 year, soooo why is he any different?

Name the last Notre Dame QB that was worth anything in the NFL...

We will bail on Jimmy this early because he looks absolutely, completely lost out on the field. We will have an entirely new coaching staff, none of which were responsible for drafting Jimmy. Competitively and financially we have very little to lose if we do draft Luck. (Just because we draft Andrew doesn't mean we cut Jimmy)

#41 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

Luck or trade down for top DT.

There will be an outright revolt if Luck comes out and we trade out of the top pick...

#42 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:44 PM

Oh wow, the exception to the rule, tell me more. Don't leave out the part about the the majority of super bowl teams of the past ten years having elite qbs.

#43 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:48 PM

It would be nice to just sign two new DTs and a TE, draft Luck, then say screw it and trade back into the first for Justin Blackmon. This is a weak draft overall, so wouldn't mind targeting a few specific players in the first at the expense of our third and fourth round picks this year.

#44 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:09 AM

Oh wow, the exception to the rule, tell me more. Don't leave out the part about the the majority of super bowl teams of the past ten years having elite qbs.

If you want to say Eli Manning is elite, we'll all point and laugh at you...so theres yet ANOTHER exception...........

#45 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Name the last Notre Dame QB that was worth anything in the NFL...

We will bail on Jimmy this early because he looks absolutely, completely lost out on the field. We will have an entirely new coaching staff, none of which were responsible for drafting Jimmy. Competitively and financially we have very little to lose if we do draft Luck. (Just because we draft Andrew doesn't mean we cut Jimmy)

You still have the GM who drafted Jimmy and WANTS him there. No ND QB has been good for awhile, i didnt want to draft him. But Im not going to bail after 1 bad season, if Luck does awful are you going to bail after 1 year?

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com