Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grammer

remember when mike vick ASKED to be on the panthers?

110 posts in this topic

"If I could play for any team in the league, it would probably be two teams, but if I had to pick one, it would probably be the Carolina Panthers."

"It's close to home. I like the uniforms. You get to play against Atlanta twice a year. Ain't nothing better than playing against your former team, right? So, yeah, that would be a good look."

After all the hate and negativity this fanbase has given Vick over the years he could've shitted on us. But he one upped his haters and gave us the ultimate compliment. I think he said what he said to let all his haters in this fanbase know he loves them and appreciates them doubting him all these years.

1 person likes this

Okay, can this get moved to the tinderbox now?

So I guess you dont know what get off your high horse means that or your feelings are hurt?

knowing its wrong to violently torture and kill animals has nothing to do with being on a high horse.

1 person likes this

:icon_bs:

That being said, I have a strong background in Mental Health, have a Masters in Counseling,and through my Community Mental Health service, have worked with a lot of criminals of all kinds. My life business has been helping people to change. But I know the limitations.

Vick is not a changed man. He has learned how to play the game. To do what he did, he has to have a character disorder so pervasive that it cannot be changed. Most who torture and abuse have had a bad childhood. Everyone who has had a bad childhood does not torture and become an abuser.

knowing its wrong to violently torture and kill animals has nothing to do with being on a high horse.

I was responding to Ladypanthers comments...

As a person, he is scum...even if he can now play the PR game. Somethings are not worth it. We can do better and we are better than that.

This sounds like a person who thinks Vick is beneath them..now try to connect that to my high horse pic and maybe you will get it

Id take a convicted felon scoring machine named mike vick over our scrubs of qbs any day of the week. And we can't move every fuging mike vick thread.

1 person likes this

That man is obviously torturing that horse.

Id take a convicted felon scoring machine named mike vick over our scrubs of qbs any day of the week. And we can't move every fuging mike vick thread.

But, he's black...and GO!

I appreciate Vick wanting to play here. It was a nice sentiment.

That does not change the fact he is not the sort of person I want on this team.

If he has indeed changed, I will soften to him. I am glad he is finding success and hope that it keeps him on the straight and narrow. However, what he did is not something I easily forget in favor of having a better football team. You can say what you want about me for it, but I just feel that such a person is not who I want to be rooting for on Sundays right now. I feel I should support all Panther players, and I don't want to support him right now.

1 person likes this

I was responding to Ladypanthers comments...

This sounds like a person who thinks Vick is beneath them..now try to connect that to my high horse pic and maybe you will get it

There are some things that threaten our humanity. Being entertained by and promoting torture and abuse is one of them. That is not a mistake. That is a deep seeded a pervasive character disorder. I have never considered anyone beneath me. There are things that sadden me. And there are things I know because of my experience. I have spent my career helping people overcome obstacles to live a better life. I have learned some hard truths. You do not like them so you try to trivialize me. There are some things people can change, and some they can't. Not my fault.

I have an extensive background in counseling as well, for what it's worth, and with all due respect, I must disagree.

Certainly, what Vick did was heinous, and I am not defending that at all. But you've not even talked with the man (I am assuming), much less worked with him, so categorically diagnosing him with any disorder based solely on your own past experience is premature at best.

Of course, you are human, with your own background and history, and you have a right to an opinion of the man and to feel the way you do towards him. And he may be, in fact, "playing the game", as you indicated. But it is not very professional to corroborate your feelings about the man by simply using the "background in mental health" rubber stamp.

1 person likes this

I appreciate Vick wanting to play here. It was a nice sentiment.

That does not change the fact he is not the sort of person I want on this team.

If he has indeed changed, I will soften to him. I am glad he is finding success and hope that it keeps him on the straight and narrow. However, what he did is not something I easily forget in favor of having a better football team. You can say what you want about me for it, but I just feel that such a person is not who I want to be rooting for on Sundays right now. I feel I should support all Panther players, and I don't want to support him right now.

Oh I get it! You obviously haven't had enough life experiences to forgive someone that has paid his debt to society, and turned his life around. Isn't that what this Country is about?