Photo
- - - - -

remember when mike vick ASKED to be on the panthers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#76 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,672 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:06 AM

exactly we should have brought him in a long time ago. he did a crime and paid the time( and money) for it. you people love dogs more than the human race........

#77 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:10 AM

knowing its wrong to violently torture and kill animals has nothing to do with being on a high horse.

it doesnt. but hating a man bc of this right here, after he did 2 years in prison and lost millions of dollars does. the dogs are dead get over it.

#78 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

What are you are seeing is a culmination of several things.

Vick has the talent, the coach, and the skill players around him to make this happen.
On Carolina he would just have his talents :lol:

What he said. Philly is like Indy and New England - they are offensive machines. You really think Davidson would like Vick run wide open? We would probably put him as a receiver.

#79 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

it doesnt. but hating a man bc of this right here, after he did 2 years in prison and lost millions of dollars does. the dogs are dead get over it.

I agreed with you right up until your comment of ...."the dogs are dead, get over it".

That shows that you my friend might have the same character flaw that Vick did.

A person who cannot and does not show empathy for the torture and death of animals in the name of sport and entertainment is quite frankly....fuged in the head.

That is all.

#80 boney

boney

teh pwnthers ftmfw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

the dogs are dead get over it.

holy poo.

#81 Procat

Procat

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

Ben=serial rapist. Not 1 day in jail.

Stallworth drunk & killed A PERSON!

Vick well you know the story.

Sure would look good behind Kalil

#82 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,051 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:22 AM

Remember when Vick was out of football, we were heading to 12-4 and the old board wasn't filled with Noobs and trolls.

Those really were the good old days.

#83 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

I have been a big time anti-Vick fan.

However, I do believe he has paid his debt to society. I do believe he has made big efforts to change his life. I do believe he has taken his job more professionally. And, I do think he is a damn good QB right now.

I am not going to continue to crucify him for a past decision (no matter how heinous) when he has turned his life around.

However, to shrug off what he did as "no big deal"..."it is only dogs"... is pathetic. Finding enjoyment in the torture of an animal is not just a minor mistake. anyone who thinks it is, definitely has a character flaw in their personality.

That is all.

#84 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

Not a dog lover huh? That definitely says a lot about your character.

#85 Jhyler12

Jhyler12

Go Time!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

I wish he still wanted to be a Panther!
He is amazing...

#86 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

Anyone who thinks that prison time, is "paying a debt to society" or that it somehow exists as rehabilitation are seriously delusional. Prison, in no way, serves to correct serious mental and character flaws.

99% of business owners do not believe in the US Justice system as a means of rehabilitation where upon completion of such internment people have become "changed". If they did, then no business owners would use such things as Background checks for hiring discrimination. Even the US government does not believe in their punishment as a corrective or background checks would be made illegal for all purposes.

I'm personally a twice convicted felon. I have 9 felony charges from which I was convicted twice, stemming from two arrests of Marijuana possession in 2002 and 2003. I have been turned down for loans, leasing applications, jobs, and colleges because of my NON-Violent criminal history.

The most sickening part is that these same people who would discriminate against "criminals" in their own business place are willing to sacrifice their own morals and ethics for the sake of being entertained. They don't care what Vick as done. They don't care that it makes him stand as a completely depraved human being with no respect for life and with obvious moral failures. They want their precious team to win football.

Anyone who willingly puts their own morals and ethics on the back burner for sake of entertainment is just as gutless as the criminal. Those of you who defend him by saying that he has done his time are either delusional or also gutless and immoral.

Vick is a piece of trash and so are those who defend him.

#87 Dropey

Dropey

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

Ben=serial rapist. Not 1 day in jail.

Stallworth drunk & killed A PERSON!

Vick well you know the story.

Sure would look good behind Kalil

Thats a problem with the Justice system. Either way I wouldn't want either of them on the Panthers.

I find it interesting how some people have changed their tune about Vick after we found out how bad we are this season. I will never change my mind about him being on this team. I wish him well in his future endeavors but I dont want him in Carolina.

To the people who say he has paid his debt to society, I don't feel like he has. He paid his legal debt to the government but what has he done for society that was not mandated by the courts? Thats something I would like to know. For someone to care so little about the life of another creature makes you wonder how they would treat another person. As humans we have the upper hand on most animals and to abuse that power shows a lot about how a person truly is deep down inside.

Also I noticed someone said something about putting dogs/animals before people. There are some people in the world who I would 100% pick my dogs over. Call me stupid if you want but I love my pets. They are loyal, a part of my family, and I know they would protect me if I needed to be. Those are some qualities not everyone in this world has.

#88 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

vick is just lucky he ended up with a coach with lots of experience teaching negros to play the white man's position

#89 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

Anyone who thinks that prison time, is "paying a debt to society" or that it somehow exists as rehabilitation are seriously delusional. Prison, in no way, serves to correct serious mental and character flaws.

99% of business owners do not believe in the US Justice system as a means of rehabilitation where upon completion of such internment people have become "changed". If they did, then no business owners would use such things as Background checks for hiring discrimination. Even the US government does not believe in their punishment as a corrective or background checks would be made illegal for all purposes.

I'm personally a twice convicted felon. I have 9 felony charges from which I was convicted twice, stemming from two arrests of Marijuana possession in 2002 and 2003. I have been turned down for loans, leasing applications, jobs, and colleges because of my NON-Violent criminal history.

The most sickening part is that these same people who would discriminate against "criminals" in their own business place are willing to sacrifice their own morals and ethics for the sake of being entertained. They don't care what Vick as done. They don't care that it makes him stand as a completely depraved human being with no respect for life and with obvious moral failures. They want their precious team to win football.

Anyone who willingly puts their own morals and ethics on the back burner for sake of entertainment is just as gutless as the criminal. Those of you who defend him by saying that he has done his time are either delusional or also gutless and immoral.

Vick is a piece of trash and so are those who defend him.

I've seen lives turned around because of a prison sentence alone. Certainly not because there were rehabilitation programs that did it. More often than not, it was because prison was sort of a "wake up call", I guess you could say.

As for society or business owners not believing in the US Justice System, you're right. Once a convict, always a convict, at least in the eyes of most "law-abiding citizens". Whether that is correct thinking or not, is another discussion.

But your comments regarding people putting their own morals and ethics on the back burner for the sake of entertainment would imply that you, yourself do not believe in the justice system, and by that logic, you cannot be "rehabilitated" either. Interesting.

#90 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

I've seen lives turned around because of a prison sentence alone. Certainly not because there were rehabilitation programs that did it. More often than not, it was because prison was sort of a "wake up call", I guess you could say.

As for society or business owners not believing in the US Justice System, you're right. Once a convict, always a convict, at least in the eyes of most "law-abiding citizens". Whether that is correct thinking or not, is another discussion.

But your comments regarding people putting their own morals and ethics on the back burner for the sake of entertainment would imply that you, yourself do not believe in the justice system, and by that logic, you cannot be "rehabilitated" either. Interesting.

In no way did the Justice system rehabilitate me. Besides the fact that I was in possession of a plant, not electrocuting the deer and beating them to death when they ate it.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com