Photo
- - - - -

remember when mike vick ASKED to be on the panthers?

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#91 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

In no way did the Justice system rehabilitate me. Besides the fact that I was in possession of a plant, not electrocuting the deer and beating them to death when they ate it.

Hmm... now you've got me wondering if weed-laced deer works as well as weed-based brownies. :lol:

Granted, possession is not anywhere as heinous a crime as killing or maiming any living thing. That said, it's not uncommon knowledge that many people convicted of murder do not think their crime is/was as heinous as, say, rape. I think most of society has somewhat of a "sliding scale" when it comes to the immorality of a crime. There are others who would seem to want to throw anyone committing a crime under the jail, however.

But the point I was making in responding to you to begin with was about whether rehabilitation was possible... or not, because of a prison sentence. I've seen it happen. The person has to want that change, however.

#92 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

I've been to prison, 16 months in San Quentin West Block, and I can say all prison did was teach me a lot of interesting recipes for Top Ramen. It also taught me new ways to commit crimes. No rehabilitation whatsoever.

The only thing that rehabilitated me was time. Time away from friends, family, my daughter. Prison ain't so tough if you can handle yourself, but the time away from my loved ones is what has stopped me from going back the past 8 years.

I doubt Vick is rehabilitated, but giving up the lifestyle he had ($$$, groupies) probably opened his eyes that he better smarten up and do things the square way or he'll be right back in the pokey, broke and alone.

#93 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

should I move this to the Tinderbox now?

#94 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

I've been to prison, 16 months in San Quentin West Block, and I can say all prison did was teach me a lot of interesting recipes for Top Ramen. It also taught me new ways to commit crimes. No rehabilitation whatsoever.

The only thing that rehabilitated me was time. Time away from friends, family, my daughter. Prison ain't so tough if you can handle yourself, but the time away from my loved ones is what has stopped me from going back the past 8 years.

I doubt Vick is rehabilitated, but giving up the lifestyle he had ($$$, groupies) probably opened his eyes that he better smarten up and do things the square way or he'll be right back in the pokey, broke and alone.

Ramen Burrito's FTW!

#95 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

btw he never specifically asked to come to the panthers

#96 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,412 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

do you need to ask?

#97 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:17 AM

thanks!

oh, and make a locked sticky with a link to "Michal Vick posts" (bringing the clicker here) so we stop getting them in the Panthers forum.

#98 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:18 AM

exactly we should have brought him in a long time ago. he did a crime and paid the time( and money) for it. you people love dogs more than the human race........

LOL at you putting dogs below the human "race"...my dog is more useful and probably contributes more to society than you ever will.

#99 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

thanks!

oh, and make a locked sticky with a link to "Michal Vick posts" (bringing the clicker here) so we stop getting them in the Panthers forum.

If only.

#100 DaCooli

DaCooli

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

Vick is a piece of trash and so are those who defend him.

Boy, this holier-than-thou dweeb really got it all figured out... LOL!!! What a joke this guy/girl is! :ciappa:

I'm sure you enjoyed that sausage and egg biscuit with your glass of milk for breakfast before you typed that BS. You meat-loving, sh!t-talking idiots have not a clue as to what you are saying/typing MOST of the time.

Shamefully, Vick grew-up in a neighborhood where betting on and viewing pitbull-fighting was an everyday routine that he continued to participate in as a RICH adult..... MANY of us ADULTS understand those FACTS!!! Cock-fighting and even deer/buffalo-hunting are also viewed as forms of animal torture/cruelty by MANY people; but of course what Vick did was reprehensible beyond forgiveness, huh?!! Perhaps Sara Palin, Dick Chaney, and warmongers like Bush & Obama are all exempt from your holier-than-thou psychoanalysis of the world's "TRASH" (as you so eloquently labeled Vick and all of his fans). Enjoy your steak dinner tonight before reading your Bible, dweeb!

BTW, I included the two warmongers only because I value HUMAN BEINGS over the pitbulls... Sorry!

#101 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

This is getting old. Anyone who thinks Mike Vick would somehow elevate the play of a bunch of rookies and backups is a douche-nozzle.

Wanna know the difference Vick would have made? We might be 2-7. The issues with this team are deep. One player will not make a significant difference. Sheesh.

#102 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

buffalo hunting?

hawt.

#103 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

Boy, this holier-than-thou dweeb really got it all figured out... LOL!!! What a joke this guy/girl is! :ciappa:

I'm sure you enjoyed that sausage and egg biscuit with your glass of milk for breakfast before you typed that BS. You meat-loving, sh!t-talking idiots have not a clue as to what you are saying/typing MOST of the time.

Shamefully, Vick grew-up in a neighborhood where betting on and viewing pitbull-fighting was an everyday routine that he continued to participate in as a RICH adult..... MANY of us ADULTS understand those FACTS!!! Cock-fighting and even deer/buffalo-hunting are also viewed as forms of animal torture/cruelty by MANY people; but of course what Vick did was reprehensible beyond forgiveness, huh?!! Perhaps Sara Palin, Dick Chaney, and warmongers like Bush & Obama are all exempt from your holier-than-thou psychoanalysis of the world's "TRASH" (as you so eloquently labeled Vick and all of his fans). Enjoy your steak dinner tonight before reading your Bible, dweeb!

BTW, I included the two warmongers only because I value HUMAN BEINGS over the pitbulls... Sorry!

You need to add old Texas attorneys to that hunting list. At least when you bring up Cheney's name.

#104 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

Cock Fighting is also illegal.

I'm sorry I didn't realize Vick was eating his dogs. I should apologize.

#105 skarbar001

skarbar001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:29 PM

This is getting old. Anyone who thinks Mike Vick would somehow elevate the play of a bunch of rookies and backups is a douche-nozzle.

Wanna know the difference Vick would have made? We might be 2-7. The issues with this team are deep. One player will not make a significant difference. Sheesh.

Tell that to Sam Bradford and the Rams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com