• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,606 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

I agree, lets trade the enitre team for 53 draft picks and start over.

uhm... what? how does that logically connect from "it's too early to label this draft class as a failure"?

#62 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,948 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

The number of Pike nuthuggers if he plays Sunday by 5PM ET will multiply by the thousands or disappear. Of course if he goes about 12-27 100 yds 2 INT, some people would say the INTs weren't his fault, he graded out better than Clausen and he has nice woodchip-scented balls.

#63 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

uhm... what? how does that logically connect from "it's too early to label this draft class as a failure"?

We're talking about the draft in November, I didn't think this was supposed to be a logical conversation.

#64 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

1. We are set at WR. The passing game has looked so crappy this season because of QB play and play calling, not WR depth. Both LaFell and Gettis have #2 caliber for a run heavy team like us.

we are not set at WR. i don't know about drafting a new WR but our guys are far from proven or fine. we need another vet at WR...or just replace the one we have with a younger and better model.

2. Another young QB wont help. We need a QB to grow and get comfortable before we can decide he sucks. That means you, Clausen haters.

we don't pass up on the next great QB for a guy we hope doesn't suck after he plays for a few years. not a clausen hater...i am a clausen doubter. i feel much better about the likes of luck or even cam newton than i do clausen. trade clausen off for a burrito or something. the new HC may not want to bother with clausen.

3. We need to pick up a washed up veteran QB in the offseason as a backup and a mentor.

yes, we do need a good vet QB back there. pick him up after the new HC decides what he's going to do about the QB position.

4. Our first draft choice should be used on the O-Line or the D-Line, because, quite frankly, they have not played well enough this season. The O-Line has sucked, and the D-Line hasn't been dominant enough. [See #5]

only way that happens is if we trade down. there are no DTs and esp. no OGs worth taking with the #1 overall. i would actually much rather DT and OG be improved via FA than draft.

5. We need a dominant DT in this draft. These no name guys we've got have played okay, but we aren't putting enough pressure on the opposing QB.

there are no dominate DTs in this draft. there are none worth taking in the top 3 picks. last year would have been excellent for drafting a DT in the first round. this year, not so much.

6. We need to fire Jeff Davidson. Just that right there will solve half of our problems.

1) doesn't have anything to do with the draft. 2)why fire a guy that doesn't have a job here past this year anyway?

#65 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 25,016 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:41 AM

We're talking about the draft in November, I didn't think this was supposed to be a logical conversation.

theres a draft in November too? Saweet!

#66 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,606 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

we're talking about the draft in november, i didn't think this was supposed to be a logical conversation.

yes! Draft in november!

Two number one picks!

edit: man what the fug salty. :( I am too slow.

#67 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

theres a draft in November too? Saweet!

if you read this board, then you might begin to believe so.

#68 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

how do you know the panthers will be a heavy run team once the new coach comes in?

#69 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

tony pike was taken in the sixth round i mean who gives a poo

true. people call it a wasted pick, but it's a 6th rounder. only thing those are really good for is trading for WRs or something. i'd much rather trade every pick after the 3rd or 4th (except for comp picks which we'll be getting 12 or something like that) for vet players this coming year. sure, we can get some good players in those spots, but why mess around with potential? get someone that knows what they're doing.

#70 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:48 AM

how do you know the panthers will be a heavy run team once the new coach comes in?

pretty safe to assume that will be the case for a couple years with a young QB. team needs to run 575 times or so to let the new guy get acclimated.

#71 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

Because our massive, unatheletic OL that is mediocre at pass blocking, young QB's and WR's point to at least a run oriented team for at least a year or two.

I highly doubt that we become the NE Patriots overnight.

#72 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

i never said we would. But with a new coach, comes a new philosophy on how he wants to run his team. Might take a couple of years, but he could turn this team into pass happy.

#73 House

House

Fly Navy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

i never said we would. But with a new coach, comes a new philosophy on how he wants to run his team. Might take a couple of years, but he could turn this team into pass happy.

While there are some good teams that are "pass happy" most teams are, or at least try to be, balanced.

#74 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

Added a 4.5 for those of you who didn't get what I was saying clearly in 4.

#75 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:20 PM

As for everyone ele, this is what I would want to do. I know our organization will screw everything up once again, but this is my personal opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com