87 replies to this topic

#76 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

is kitna's contract expiring? I've always liked him minus his bible thumping ways. he's good with young QBs and is a good starter in a pinch. he's my vote for back up journey man QB old guy

One of mine too. There's not many of those types left, and if we get one, I want an old as$ who can still sling it down the field.

#77 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

One of mine too. There's not many of those types left, and if we get one, I want an old as$ who can still sling it down the field.

As long as he stays out of the back of the endzone, I'm down.

I'll take basically any vet that has started before, whether as a backup or starter.

#78 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

How about this...

What makes everyone so sure we will be ABLE to trade down? We all say no one likes to pay #1 Pick money. If we end up with the #1 pick, what makes you soooo sure another team will jump at the chance to get it? This Draft has not one "OMG" talent. We may be stuck with our pick.

#79 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

How about this...

What makes everyone so sure we will be ABLE to trade down? We all say no one likes to pay #1 Pick money. If we end up with the #1 pick, what makes you soooo sure another team will jump at the chance to get it? This Draft has not one "OMG" talent. We may be stuck with our pick.

new cba will have a rookie cap in place. that makes it easier to trade off. also makes it less likely to trade because it will be much more affordable.

#80 MattB

MattB

Project QB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

When you have the worst offense in the NFL and have the chance to draft an elite prospect like Andrew Luck to me it's a no-brainer. People have been complaining about the QB play on this team for so long and suddenly when we have the chance to dramatically improve it and no-one wants to do it?

#81 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

.....we don't pass up on the next great QB for a guy we hope doesn't suck after he plays for a few years. not a clausen hater...i am a clausen doubter. i feel much better about the likes of luck or even cam newton than i do clausen....

Without a doubt. Let Luck, Newton, Mallett, whomever the new regime thinks is the guy come in here and compete with Clausen.

#82 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

new cba will have a rookie cap in place. that makes it easier to trade off. also makes it less likely to trade because it will be much more affordable.

Meh, if the CBA goes through, just use the pick anyway. I'd rather have the "best" QB, DT, or CB than two late rounders. Not to mention, since there are no superstars, I still don't see many people trading for a top pick. Only time will tell though. Buffalo seems happy with their QB, Dallas will stick with Romo. The Browns maybe?

#83 Any_Given_Sunday

Any_Given_Sunday

CH.com: We Know Drama

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

1. We are set at WR. The passing game has looked so crappy this season because of QB play and play calling, not WR depth. Both LaFell and Gettis have #2 caliber for a run heavy team like us.

How do you figure we are set at WR? Cuz we have Smitty? Oh yeah, he's done great this year. The other two have shown spurts of greatness but still have plenty of room for improvement. Easily catchable dropped passes isn't gonna fly.

2. Another young QB wont help. We need a QB to grow and get comfortable before we can decide he sucks. That means you, Clausen haters.

Why is that just because some (me included) have their doubts about Clausen because of his great QB play (sarcasm) falls into the category of a "Clausen Hater". That's so retarded to label someone as that just because they don't agree with your opinion of the guy. Also, Andrew Luck wouldn't help?? lmao

3. We need to pick up a washed up veteran QB in the offseason as a backup and a mentor.

Who you got in mind?

4. Our first draft choice should be used on the O-Line or the D-Line, because, quite frankly, they have not played well enough this season. The O-Line has sucked, and the D-Line hasn't been dominant enough. [See #5]

First draft pick should be an O-lineman? While there is no question our oline sucks teh bawls, I can't imagine using our very first pick for one person to "hopefully" improve our line problems. JMO of course.

4.5. Obviously the one above needs an edit, because it wasn't clear. When I said "our first draft pick", that doesn't necessarily mean the top 5 pick we will have. Trade down a round, get up 2/3 more picks.

Possibly.

5. We need a dominant DT in this draft. These no name guys we've got have played okay, but we aren't putting enough pressure on the opposing QB.

I'm thinking instead of using a draft pick, we should go FA for this one. Anderson does show promise though.

6. We need to fire Jeff Davidson. Just that right there will solve half of our problems.

+1 and the other two Stooges as well.

Edited by Any_Given_Sunday, 16 November 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#84 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Meh, if the CBA goes through, just use the pick anyway. I'd rather have the "best" QB, DT, or CB than two late rounders. Not to mention, since there are no superstars, I still don't see many people trading for a top pick. Only time will tell though. Buffalo seems happy with their QB, Dallas will stick with Romo. The Browns maybe?

advantages to both plans, but i would rather use the pick than trade it.

#85 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:40 PM

When you have the worst offense in the NFL and have the chance to draft an elite prospect like Andrew Luck to me it's a no-brainer. People have been complaining about the QB play on this team for so long and suddenly when we have the chance to dramatically improve it and no-one wants to do it?

This!!!

#86 Any_Given_Sunday

Any_Given_Sunday

CH.com: We Know Drama

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

This!!!

and This.

;)

#87 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

Some analysts thought Clausen would be a great NFL QB, but it's hard to tell if he's only started a few games and hasn't had a chance to improve. He was thrown into a horrible situation with our team, and you guys expect him to turn the team around right away?? It takes time to develop in this league.

I didn't like Clausen to begin with, but he does show promise.

#88 o803oVaDeR

o803oVaDeR

Formerly Known as Dragn0422

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Some analysts thought Clausen would be a great NFL QB, but it's hard to tell if he's only started a few games and hasn't had a chance to improve. He was thrown into a horrible situation with our team, and you guys expect him to turn the team around right away?? It takes time to develop in this league.

I didn't like Clausen to begin with, but he does show promise.

Sorry, but I cant agree with this. I have not seen anything that shows he will develop into a good or even average QB. I know the Offense sucks, but the biggest reason is QB play. I have never known a QB to be this bad, and end up being good. I could be wrong, and I hope I am. I am pulling for him. I was not against drafting him, and hope he works out. I just dont see it.

Edited by dragn0422, 16 November 2010 - 03:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.