Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cookinwithgas

Onward Christian Soldiers

92 posts in this topic

It's not the kids fault that they want to play and win, in your case the officials could do something about it. In this case, it sounds like the High School refs did not have that responsibility. I'd imagine they were amazed that the coach of the winning team did not ask to end the game or request a forfeit. And yes, I am sure that there must have been some girls on the winning team that felt badly about things.

Yes, that's true. And 100-0 is "competitive" in high school girls basketball?

And "sportsmanship" is not the thing to be put aside here, since from what I've thought, Christians are all about mercy and compassion.

The head of the school is quoted in the article - she certainly does not feel the competitive juices flowing like you do.

There you go, confusing what a sport is to faith, the only reason you do this is to point a finger at a Christian and say "ooh you messed up"

I'm sorry I didn't know becoming a Christian made you perfect, flawless, and no longer human, stupid me.

I would fire a coach if they lost by 100, not expect the other school to make me the winner because it's the "right" thing to do.

If I was a player on the losing team I would quit if our school took the win that the other school gave me.

There's 20 girls at the school and they are all messed up. The coach is probably not even all that into basketball. To them it's just a "normal" activity that they have for these girls to choose to do. It's not the freaking Dean Dome.

should there be a mercy rule in public or private school sports?

Tell those bitches to go get some jump shoes, HGH and a mean-spirited lesbian coach to show them how to ball.

There you go, confusing what a sport is to faith, the only reason you do this is to point a finger at a Christian and say "ooh you messed up"

I'm sorry I didn't know becoming a Christian made you perfect, flawless, and no longer human, stupid me.

The Christian soccer signup posters that pop up every spring near my house would beg to differ with you. They seem to stress everything other than winning - you know, teamwork, sportsmanship....fun (yes for all the kids involved).

As a former soccer coach, I would never - ever - let my team act like this for any reason. And I am not perfect or flawless myself, it's just common decency.

The problem here as I see it is not that they beat them by 100 but the fact that they kept pressing and playing to run up the score, which is not cool in any league anywhere. I play rec league ball with grown men, and if we were being beat that bad I would get pissed that they kept running up the score intentionally and vice-versa if we were beating a team that bad, we'd back off and just hold the ball.

They didn't just beat them they rubbed it in their face.

Tell those bitches to go get some jump shoes, HGH and a mean-spirited lesbian coach to show them how to ball.

50/50 one of those requirements are already met, being girls basketball and all...

the coach should have said, run out the shot clock, don't press, and don't be an ass. they were going to win regardless, why run up the score?

it is different when the teams are on the same level. score as many as you can. but when the teams are that mismatched, why run up the score?

Christians are to have no opinions, ideas, determination or anything else.

What an incredible thread title.