Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Onward Christian Soldiers

92 posts in this topic

Posted

I would fire a coach if they lost by 100, not expect the other school to make me the winner because it's the "right" thing to do.

If I was a player on the losing team I would quit if our school took the win that the other school gave me.

There's 20 girls at the school and they are all messed up. The coach is probably not even all that into basketball. To them it's just a "normal" activity that they have for these girls to choose to do. It's not the freaking Dean Dome.

Posted

should there be a mercy rule in public or private school sports?

Posted

Tell those bitches to go get some jump shoes, HGH and a mean-spirited lesbian coach to show them how to ball.

Posted

There you go, confusing what a sport is to faith, the only reason you do this is to point a finger at a Christian and say "ooh you messed up"

I'm sorry I didn't know becoming a Christian made you perfect, flawless, and no longer human, stupid me.

The Christian soccer signup posters that pop up every spring near my house would beg to differ with you. They seem to stress everything other than winning - you know, teamwork, sportsmanship....fun (yes for all the kids involved).

As a former soccer coach, I would never - ever - let my team act like this for any reason. And I am not perfect or flawless myself, it's just common decency.

Posted

The problem here as I see it is not that they beat them by 100 but the fact that they kept pressing and playing to run up the score, which is not cool in any league anywhere. I play rec league ball with grown men, and if we were being beat that bad I would get pissed that they kept running up the score intentionally and vice-versa if we were beating a team that bad, we'd back off and just hold the ball.

They didn't just beat them they rubbed it in their face.

Posted

Tell those bitches to go get some jump shoes, HGH and a mean-spirited lesbian coach to show them how to ball.

50/50 one of those requirements are already met, being girls basketball and all...

Posted

the coach should have said, run out the shot clock, don't press, and don't be an ass. they were going to win regardless, why run up the score?

it is different when the teams are on the same level. score as many as you can. but when the teams are that mismatched, why run up the score?

Posted

Christians are to have no opinions, ideas, determination or anything else.

What an incredible thread title.

Posted

Wwjd?

Posted

Wwjd?

Jesus wore sandals, so he would probably lose by 100 as well;)

I understand what everyone is saying, but kids need to lose. Now we have people that don't want to keep score, and not have records.

Sports is about team work, and sportsmanship, but also about the desire to be better than the other guys. You know, work harder than the other person competing against you, and you will win/get ahead.

Like real life.

Posted

Jordan could win by 100 in sandals. Does that make him Uber-Jesus?

And High School is certainly an appropriate place to keep scores, and award teams for winning seasons. But not for crap like this.

Posted

Any age needs to keep score, why wait until the child has developed a "I can be just OK and still not lose" mentality.

Do I agree with 100-0, no. But I don't agree with people getting up in arms, and also taking a very good win from a team, or individual.