Photo
- - - - -

Jerry you are hurting our franchise

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

That's a good comparison. An owner who spends like crazy...and his team isn't any better for it.

The teams that win champioonships...the colts, patriots, steelers....are teams that build through the draft and are selective in free agency. This is a proven formula. Things don't always go as planned though.

Keep talking out your ass like it means something. I'm sure you get some sheep to follow ya.

Show me a quote where JR shows he gives a s**t.

JR is more beholdened to the NFL as an organization than to the team and its fans. JR isn't coaching/scouting players. If he cared as much as his fans did, he'd realize that Hurney/Fox aren't the answer. Definately not Fox.

#17 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Show me a quote where JR shows he gives a s**t.

JR is more beholdened to the NFL as an organization than to the team and its fans. JR isn't coaching/scouting players. If he cared as much as his fans did, he'd realize that Hurney/Fox aren't the answer. Definately not Fox.

I hope that you are not saying that you would prefer an owner like Jerry Jones over one like Jerry Richardson.

Jones is a meddling idiot. He has spent and spent on that franchise....only to continue to screw it up.

The only thing that keeps him from being the worst owner are Al Davis and Dan Snyder.

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:40 PM

I hope that you are not saying that you would prefer an owner like Jerry Jones over one like Jerry Richardson.

Jones is a meddling idiot. He has spent and spent on that franchise....only to continue to screw it up.

The only thing that keeps him from being the worst owner are Al Davis and Dan Snyder.

Absolutely NOT saying I'd want Jerry Jones.

I want an owner that is willing to do what it takes to put his team in a position to win. Jerry Jones likes to play too much manager, but I like his enthusiasm/fire. I get the feeling JR is just in it to be in it.

#19 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Absolutely NOT saying I'd want Jerry Jones.

I want an owner that is willing to do what it takes to put his team in a position to win. Jerry Jones likes to play too much manager, but I like his enthusiasm/fire. I get the feeling JR is just in it to be in it.

I understand your frustration....this season has been a disaster.

I do think that JR was looking long term for this franchise. And, i do think we are in a great place going into the next few years.

Should be able to get our franchise QB at #1.....with a rookie payscale.

We have tons of money under the cap to ensure we keep our top players and make moves in FA.

JR has always spent on this franchise. In the past, we were usually one of the top payroll teams in the league.

#20 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

Moderators

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

even with the cba going through next year im not too sure that the rookie pay scale will go into effect in 2011. who knows.

#21 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:49 PM

After all those years working towards and dreaming about bringing an NFL franchise to NC, Jerry Richardson just decided this year that he doesn't care about winning anymore. Makes perfect sense to me.

#22 ryoung

ryoung

Don't Call Me FairWeather

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

I understand your frustration....this season has been a disaster.

I do think that JR was looking long term for this franchise. And, i do think we are in a great place going into the next few years.

Should be able to get our franchise QB at #1.....with a rookie payscale.

We have tons of money under the cap to ensure we keep our top players and make moves in FA.

JR has always spent on this franchise. In the past, we were usually one of the top payroll teams in the league.

I agree with you. This season looks like a write off season. It would seem we traded away a shot at a mediocre season for the possibility of some great seasons down the road. If that is the case then I will be here singing his praises.

I mean the 1-15 season was bad but the NFC Championship and SB appearance was sweet! Maybe this time we can get the ring!

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

even with the cba going through next year im not too sure that the rookie pay scale will go into effect in 2011. who knows.

I definitely hope it does.

If it doesn't, then I would definitely expect Luck to come out. His last year to try and score one of those ridiculously lucrative rookie deals before the payscale went into effect.

#24 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

I mean the 1-15 season was bad but the NFC Championship and SB appearance was sweet! Maybe this time we can get the ring!

Can I tell you something about that 1-15 season? As someone who was at every home game in 2001, even though the team was horrible, it was certainly a lot more fun to attend because the guys on the field never gave up and always felt like they were in the game.

There was always an effort from the players and there was always enthusiasm from the crowd in the stadium.

So what's different in 2010? Is it the apparent short sale of the team? The ease and frequency of filling the IR? Benching, starting, benching, starting players as though they were trying out for a Pop Warner team?

#25 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

I pretty much gave my opinion of JR in the little survey I got in the mail (again); I feel like I get one every 2 months now.

The bottom-line is its pro football, not a development league and we are playing pro prices for a development league team. The Panthers are the only team I can think of immediately who went this way and totally gutted it's team with no replacements, not even an attempt to bring in mid-range veterans who might have helped this be more a 'team' and less a collection of players.

I'm over it now, however, the judgement will be what ole JR does in January - February for me, and probably at least 10 other PSL owners that sit in my section.

#26 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

fug quotes.

If you want to believe richardson doesn't care about winning...that's your choice.

And I don't care that you are an idiot for thinking so.

#27 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

haven't seen this one before...carry on.

#28 WadeWilson

WadeWilson

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

As bad as we feel, Chad Dukes feels worse for his Deadskins: http://1067thefandc....ins-59-28-loss/

Think anything would change if Jerry heard this on the radio?
Yeah me neither.

EDIT: That said, the idea that Big Cat doesn't care about this team winning is ridiculous. I just think he is a business man that is trying to protect his investment as it goes through a scary financial period.

Edited by Hardy, 18 November 2010 - 07:41 AM.
Clarification

#29 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

I always wondered how older people get an organ like a heart. Surely there is a child/female on the list. Makes me want to get the heart symbol off my license. Must be a money thing.

#30 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:40 AM

The season is halfway over and fans are still taking their turns wearing Captain Hindsight costumes for Christmas?

brb now, going to waterboard Armanti because somehow he determined where and how he went in the draft. At least that's what the Huddle tells me.