Photo
- - - - -

St. Pierre To Start

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
310 replies to this topic

#301 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:55 AM

Unfortunately we don't have "a bunch of running backs" or this would make better sense. :o

I got it! It's genius! St. Pierre plays the first series, softens up the Ravens' D. Then Pike goes in and takes over. :yesnod: Win!

Srsly IMO Fox is protecting Tony Pike. The 2 QB's ahead of him both ended up with concussions and as a rookie maybe Fox felt the chance of it happening to Pike was high.

I'll support St. Pierre as a Panther. It actually makes the game a little more exciting to start because I have no clue how he plays.

This makes sense to me. Maybe Fox is trying to tell the Front Office something also, think about it, after we cut all our vets, we sunk to the bottom. Fox maybe thinks a vet QB could help bring some sort of life support to our offense. It is true he is a 3rd string Qb, but look who he was behind, Kurt Warner and the once believed savior in Matt Leinart. Gotta keep the faith.

edit: oh yea back on the protecting QB's thing, look at the size of AE, if anyone gets a clean hit on him he is gonna be broken in half. And maybe tony pike is too big of a target lol?

#302 TheSaint

TheSaint

Lengthy Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

I wouldnt be surprised if we see some on Sunday

nah, normally i would go to this game with it being a good opposing team and not up aginst the Saints at the same time but wont be able to this time.

I bet BSP is like, "fug man, i thought i was gonna pick up another easy pay check this week. Now I gotta play the fuging Ravens! He might come down with a Migraine tomorrow."

#303 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

are you f**king serious? Why the f**k not play Pike at this point?

Wait what's that Oh they don't want Ray Lewis to kill him and end his career of life

Because Pike fuging sucks.

#304 Mjphillips86

Mjphillips86

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:34 AM

What about Spergon "The Virgin" Wynn?!?! That guy was a animal!!! Maybe he can start next week?

#305 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

how has it not occurred to anyone that signing an old ravens QB and announcing him the starter gives the ravens that much more to gameplan for? it's not like we're a bag of tricks as it is, but by not showing your hand offensively you give yourself a chance - which is what fox claims to be all about.

i don't expect us to win sunday, but if fox does plan on giving time to pike and/or edwards, this move makes perfect sense.

#306 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

Just wondering, how do you think this will help Foxy in getting his next job? Who wants to trust this man's judgement?

I'm actually starting to lean toward what Gantt has been saying, Fox doesn't care about the Panthers and this season has been one big giant F-U to the Panthers Organization if you ask me. Also I think Gantt is right about Fox probably already having a job offer of some sort since Carolina said he could look last season.

I think most people know at this point that Fox is just here and thats about it, I really don't think it will effect his job Prosepects much.

#307 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

I jumped ship after week 2, and because I moved away from Charlotte to Indiana. Gotta root for the closest team. Kinda like how most of you were Redskins/Falcons fans.

Shouldn't you be posting on the Men of Manning forum instead, then? Begone transplant turncoat, begone!:toetap05:

#308 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:34 PM

how has it not occurred to anyone that signing an old ravens QB and announcing him the starter gives the ravens that much more to gameplan for? it's not like we're a bag of tricks as it is, but by not showing your hand offensively you give yourself a chance - which is what fox claims to be all about.

i don't expect us to win sunday, but if fox does plan on giving time to pike and/or edwards, this move makes perfect sense.

Too far back. When he was with the Ravens, Brian Billick was the head coach and Rex Ryan was the defensive coordinator.

#309 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:52 PM

Too far back. When he was with the Ravens, Brian Billick was the head coach and Rex Ryan was the defensive coordinator.

yeah, people reading way to much into that. it's a very different team now.

#310 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

should've gotten George St. Pierre.

#311 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:21 PM

Ouch!!!

I'm starting to think 1-15 is a real possibility. I hope Luck is the answer for your guys.