#1 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

I've looked for features on him, can't find much other than he went to Stanford so he wouldn't be asked for photos or autographs. That can be taken 1 of 2 ways: he's modest and is reluctant to be recognized, which I don't want in a QB, or he's a dick who doesn't care about his supporters, which I also don't want in a QB.

From what I've seen of him in person and on TV he's a good QB but has plenty of room to grow. Sure he has potential to do well but behind a porous line and stone-handed receivers plus Coach ??? he has the potential to mimic Clausen's stats.

I just want to know, aside from he'll be wearing our colors next year, and he's supposed to be Christ Incarnate, what is there to like about him as a person? I find it hard to cheer for a reluctant hero uninterested in fans or anything like that.

#2 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

I've looked for features on him, can't find much other than he went to Stanford so he wouldn't be asked for photos or autographs. That can be taken 1 of 2 ways: he's modest and is reluctant to be recognized, which I don't want in a QB, or he's a dick who doesn't care about his supporters, which I also don't want in a QB.

From what I've seen of him in person and on TV he's a good QB but has plenty of room to grow. Sure he has potential to do well but behind a porous line and stone-handed receivers plus Coach ??? he has the potential to mimic Clausen's stats.

I just want to know, aside from he'll be wearing our colors next year, and he's supposed to be Christ Incarnate, what is there to like about him as a person? I find it hard to cheer for a reluctant hero uninterested in fans or anything like that.

Or he just doesnt want to be badgered by a million and a half fans a day at a SEC school, cant blame a guy for wanting a better quality of life. Matt Ryan is the same way along with Joe Flacco, not everyone wants all that attention and hype, apparently hes too good to avoid the hype

#3 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:30 PM

Or unlike most football players he gives a fug about his education and went to Stanford to not only play ball but get a quality education. He's an Architectural Design major, not the easiest program to graduate from. I think he's actually on track to graduate a year early as well....

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,823 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

His dad has been as nice a guy as you'd find.

Granted that doesn't always pass down, but it's worth noting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.