Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Officials: Obama to reverse abortion policy

167 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

WASHINGTON President Barack Obama plans to sign an executive order ending the ban on federal funds for international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option, officials told The Associated Press on Friday.

[url]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/551/story/491521.html[/url]

Posted · Report post

he's not reversing anything, he has always been heavily pro-choice.

edit: oh 'the' policy, not 'his' policy.

Posted · Report post

yeah, i'm so happy that in this terrible economy that Obama has decided to reverse this policy to give money to INTERNATIONAL pro-abortion groups. what a great idea to spend money Obama. Instead of using it for the benefit of the American people, we are instead choosing to give out money that's going to be used to kill babies worldwide!

what a joke

Posted · Report post

I guess we know what the Obama's administration priorities are now.

Let the sh*tstorm begin....

Posted · Report post

less babies = less mouths to feed = less starvation

lol

Posted · Report post

Why should the federal government be funding starving foreigner's whoops baby removals again?

[quote]"Women's health has been severely impacted by the cutoff of assistance. President Obama's actions [B]will help reduce[/B] the number of unintended pregnancies, [B]abortions[/B] and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning," said Tod Preston, a spokesman for Population Action International, an advocacy group.[/quote]Fail.

Organizations who promote abortion as birth control in poverty stricken areas = Epic Fail

Do the ends really justify the means? I say no.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']less babies = less mouths to feed = less starvation

lol[/quote]

Win

:)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']less babies = less mouths to feed = less starvation

lol[/quote]
Freakonomics would also say it lowers crime.

Good thing this policy wasn't around in the early 60's because a newly minted Prez who was born in Kenya might not have gotten this far. :idea:

Posted · Report post

[IMG]http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww46/jangler3/emoticons/backingout.gif[/IMG]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall']Freakonomics would also say it lowers crime.

Good thing this policy wasn't around in the early 60's because a newly minted Prez who was born in Kenya might not have gotten this far. :idea:[/quote]

Good point. It's his turn now. Tht's one thing that seperates the deomcrats from the Republicans. Democrats are pro abortion, Republicans are pro life. I just got to wonder, he said he was a christian, does he wonder about the day when somebody has to answer for all the dead babies.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Speed']Good point. It's his turn now. Tht's one thing that seperates the deomcrats from the Republicans. Democrats are pro abortion, Republicans are pro life. I just got to wonder, he said he was a christian, does he wonder about the day when somebody has to answer for all the dead babies.[/quote]

He's not a Christian. No Christian can support genocide of the most innocent among us.

Posted · Report post

when is the first abortions party?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Speed']Good point. It's his turn now. Tht's one thing that seperates the deomcrats from the Republicans. Democrats are pro abortion, [B]Republicans are pro life. [/B]I just got to wonder, he said he was a christian, does he wonder about the day when somebody has to answer for all the dead babies.[/quote]

So how's capital punishment, war under false pretenses, and allowing genocide doing for you "pro lifers" lol

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Htar']He's not a Christian. No Christian can support genocide of the most innocent among us.[/quote]

See Bush and Darfur....Oh wait they were already born and are black...dont count

Posted · Report post

"Christians" declaring who God will and won't save. Hilarious.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Delhommey']"Christians" declaring who God will and won't save. Hilarious.[/quote]

Glad you are enjoying yourself. ;)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']See Bush and Darfur....Oh wait they were already born and are black...dont count[/quote]

Most abortions are disproportianately black any way so who cares, right?

This should create many jobs, or for Obama decrease the folks eventually looking for one. Kind of a back handed way to decrease the unemployment percentage, but hey, we wanted change.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='stirs']Moste abortions are disproportianately black any way so who cares, right?

This should create many jobs or for Obama decrease the folks eventually looking for one. Kind of a back handed way to decrease the unemployment percentage, but hey, we wanted change.[/quote]

I broke out a Rosetta Stone to try and translate what you said and still got nothing

Posted · Report post

I don't see how this move can be defended, I honestly don't. With all the other needs that are more pressing currently, spending money on international abortions doesn't make sense. Especially when such a large chunk of our population is so opposed to the issue.

Posted · Report post

It's very easy to defend.

This isn't an increase in spending. It's a reduction of government red tape.

Posted · Report post

[quote]Obama ends abortion-related funding restrictions for aid groups
By MARGARET TALEV
McClatchy Newspapers
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama signed a memorandum Friday that ends a prohibition on supplying federal family-planning funds and contraceptives to international aid groups that provide abortions, abortion referrals or abortion counseling.

Obama's move came a day after the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the landmark abortion rights Supreme Court ruling of 1973, and an annual march in Washington to protest the decision. Abortion opponents were critical of Obama's order, while abortion rights groups said it could help prevent millions of unintended pregnancies worldwide and save thousands of women's lives each year.[/quote]

I don't see it as cutting red tape, I just see it as a bullshit move to appeal to the Pelosi crowd.

Posted · Report post

Actually it would probably save money as it gives more choices.

Posted · Report post

Using federal funds that had been banned, saves money?
Spending money that we were not spending leads to less money being spent?

Go ahead, we're listening.

Posted · Report post

No you're not, but I'll try anyway.

Funds were not banned from being given out. Organizations that in any way shape or form had anything to do with abortion were banned from receiving the funds.

This reduced the amount of organizations available to receive our aid dollars to do a certain task. Reduced choices almost always result in higher costs.

Posted · Report post

International abortion ships FTW.

[url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/3217578/Dutch-abortion-ship-arrives-in-Spain.html[/url]