Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Officials: Obama to reverse abortion policy

167 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know what all the fuss over this is about. Liberals are more likely to have abortions. The less kids liberals have = more better.

That's what your bible thumping friends want you to think.

Posted

LOL. I have bible thumping friends? Mmmmmkay.

Posted

LOL. I have bible thumping friends? Mmmmmkay.

I'll change that to conservative friends. Same thing though, right?

Posted

That's a fine statement, you see my whole stance on anti-choice/abortion is based on my sense of life at conception. The "abortion" of a "fetus" is murder of a baby.

My faith comes in to play yes but my stance on abortion was in place before becoming a "Bible thumping born again evangelical fundamentalist Christian".

Thank you for completely shedding blame and shifting it to assume that conservative christians are nothing more than hate mongers forcing their opinions on everyone,"we secretly control the government!!"

For once I'd like you to walk in my shoes and go to my job where everyone's favorite topic is the next chick they'd like to bang, how wasted they got, and how funny it is to make casual jokes about Christians and God. It's funny that in your world you could correctly accept an athiest or muslim but the slight mention of my faith makes you cringe and judge me instintaneoulsy. Thank you for respectly accepting my position while I accept yours the same but if you want to drag faith into I would gladly paint the forum with Scripture.

Posted

That's a fine statement, you see my whole stance on anti-choice/abortion is based on my sense of life at conception. The "abortion" of a "fetus" is murder of a baby.

My faith comes in to play yes but my stance on abortion was in place before becoming a "Bible thumping born again evangelical fundamentalist Christian".

Thank you for completely shedding blame and shifting it to assume that conservative christians are nothing more than hate mongers forcing their opinions on everyone,"we secretly control the government!!"

For once I'd like you to walk in my shoes and go to my job where everyone's favorite topic is the next chick they'd like to bang, how wasted they got, and how funny it is to make casual jokes about Christians and God. It's funny that in your world you could correctly accept an athiest or muslim but the slight mention of my faith makes you cringe and judge me instintaneoulsy. Thank you for respectly accepting my position while I accept yours the same but if you want to drag faith into I would gladly paint the forum with Scripture.

Blah, blah, blah. Why did you think it necessary to put words in my mouth? I just created a snappy comeback to the whole "less liberals in the world" post.

I won't walk in your shoes because you refuse to walk in the shoes of a woman who has to make a choice.

If you want to post scripture, believe me I can too. I'm a pro-choice Christian but I will not force my beliefs or think of myself as a perfect human being like some Christians I know. There are plenty people in this world I don't care for, Christians, Muslims, Jews alike.

Posted

If a woman becomes pregnant at conception, then so are BCP's, IUD's and just about every other birth control option (other than condoms). So, when does it start again?

The term "conception" refers variably to either fertilization or to formation of the conceptus after uterine implantation.

Posted

The term "conception" refers variably to either fertilization or to formation of the conceptus after uterine implantation.

So which one is it?

Posted

nevermind i'm going to work, agree to disagree

Posted

So which one is it?

Its the point at which normal methods of birth control will not prevent the pregnancy. Normal meaning things other than killing the baby.

BTW, do you actually have some documentation to back all this up, or am I just suppose to take your word for it? Preferably something from an abortion neutral site?

Posted

Its the point at which normal methods of birth control will not prevent the pregnancy. Normal meaning things other than killing the baby.

BTW, do you actually have some documentation to back all this up, or am I just suppose to take your word for it? Preferably something from an abortion neutral site?

From: WebMD http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/birth-control-pill

HC (the pill, the patch, and the vaginal ring) all contain a small amount of synthetic estrogen and progestin hormones. These hormones work to inhibit the body's natural cyclical hormones to prevent pregnancy. Pregnancy is prevented by a combination of factors. The HC usually stops the body from releasing an egg from the ovary. HC also changes the cervical mucus to make it difficult for the sperm to find an egg. HC can also prevent pregnancy by making the lining of the womb inhospitable for implantation.

Mini pills work by thickening the cervical mucus so the sperm cannot reach the egg. The hormone in the pills also changes the lining of the uterus, so that implantation of a fertilized egg is much less likely to occur. In some cases, mini pills stop ovulation (the release of an egg). A pill is taken every day.

So now, a fertilized egg isn't a "baby" but the moment it implants, it becomes one? Was that always your view or is it now that you know something you didn't before?

Posted

Number of live births also equals to women expressing their choice.
I really don’t think anyone who is pro-life is pro life simply because they don’t want women to have choices. In fact the ONLY reason we have an issue with it, is because there is a conflict. On one hand you have the women’s choice in which in every other situation I would support and on the other you have a life being taken. So what do we do? Obviously each person has had to think about this and weigh which side is more important to them. I can say that I am all for a women being able to do with what she wants to with her body up to the point of taking a life. Consider me pro-choice with limits. :) I don’t see efforts out there on the level of the abortion issue trying to take a women’s right to do anything else. I believe in everyone’s right to do certain things up til the point they harm others. I consider killing someone, harming them.