166 replies to this topic

#166 pittsburghbaby

pittsburghbaby

Pittsburgh All the Way

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:25 PM

Its the point at which normal methods of birth control will not prevent the pregnancy. Normal meaning things other than killing the baby.

BTW, do you actually have some documentation to back all this up, or am I just suppose to take your word for it? Preferably something from an abortion neutral site?

HC (the pill, the patch, and the vaginal ring) all contain a small amount of synthetic estrogen and progestin hormones. These hormones work to inhibit the body's natural cyclical hormones to prevent pregnancy. Pregnancy is prevented by a combination of factors. The HC usually stops the body from releasing an egg from the ovary. HC also changes the cervical mucus to make it difficult for the sperm to find an egg. HC can also prevent pregnancy by making the lining of the womb inhospitable for implantation.

Mini pills work by thickening the cervical mucus so the sperm cannot reach the egg. The hormone in the pills also changes the lining of the uterus, so that implantation of a fertilized egg is much less likely to occur. In some cases, mini pills stop ovulation (the release of an egg). A pill is taken every day.

So now, a fertilized egg isn't a "baby" but the moment it implants, it becomes one? Was that always your view or is it now that you know something you didn't before?

Edited by pittsburghbaby, 27 January 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#167 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

Number of live births also equals to women expressing their choice.

I really don’t think anyone who is pro-life is pro life simply because they don’t want women to have choices. In fact the ONLY reason we have an issue with it, is because there is a conflict. On one hand you have the women’s choice in which in every other situation I would support and on the other you have a life being taken. So what do we do? Obviously each person has had to think about this and weigh which side is more important to them. I can say that I am all for a women being able to do with what she wants to with her body up to the point of taking a life. Consider me pro-choice with limits. :) I don’t see efforts out there on the level of the abortion issue trying to take a women’s right to do anything else. I believe in everyone’s right to do certain things up til the point they harm others. I consider killing someone, harming them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com