Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boltergeist

Turmoil in Tennessee

149 posts in this topic

Does saying, "Vince Young will be in the Hall of Fame" (and not in reference to the preseason game played annually) equate to saying a player is great? I'm just asking... because isn't getting inducted into the Hall of Fame pretty much the benchmark for greatness in the NFL?

His words not mine, and you made that thread, not me. I still think Vince has infinite potential and if he had a coach who believed in him firmly would be even more successful than he has been. So Hall Of Fame isnt out of reach if thats what you're asking.

If those words were truely his, it's one more strike against him in my book.

If those words were truely his, it's one more strike against him in my book.

Im sure he craves your validation and really wants to be accepted by you. :rolleyes:

Im sure he craves your validation and really wants to be accepted by you. :rolleyes:

He certainly seems to need the validation and fandom...anytime they boo him he pisses his pants and forgets his name for 30 minutes....or just throws his pads in the stands.

Don't even try to bring race into me calling VY great or not, he is not a great QB, hell, he's average at best. To call him anything other than that is foolish.

Please look up another active QB with similar TD/INT %, completion %, YPA, and QB rating that VY has on his career. The best one I can think of is Rex Grossman.

You gonna try and find me another active QB with his numbers, or just keep on calling racism?

anytime they boo him he pisses his pants and forgets his name for 30 minutes

That could also be because he's dumb as a box of rocks.

Can we stop this race carousel in here people and talk football? If not, this should be closed.

In other news, Vince Young is not that great of a NFL quarterback from what I've seen and Tennessee fans tend to think the same along with disliking Fisher. Both of them should be gone and it stems from 1) chemistry 2) work ethic 3) coach-player disfunction.

Btw, I'm an eskimo and people sh*t on us all the time :)

Btw, I'm an eskimo and people sh*t on us all the time :)

And I'm an American Indian. Aren't we cousins, or something? ;)

1 person likes this

I really do hope they cut him. Fisher is not gonna take him or the Titans to the next level. Vince has his whole career ahead of him to shine and has gotten off to a great start. Vince Young is 30-17 thru his first 47 games.

Compared to other QBs who've started 47 games...

Carson Palmer was 26-21

Troy Aikman was 20-27

Peyton Manning was 25-22

Brett Favre was 27-20

Drew Brees was 26-21

Eli Manning was 24-23

The talking heads...

Steve Young was 21-26

Ron Jaworski was 27-20

Trent Dilfer was 20-27

Vince is ahead of the curve of his peers despite playing for a coach who cant do much for him except make him the fallguy. The myth of white superiority at the QB position must be protected at all costs. I fully expect people to attack Vince's character and intelligence to keep the last bastion of "hope" alive.

The myth of white superiority at the QB position must be protected at all costs. I fully expect people to attack Vince's character and intelligence to keep the last bastion of "hope" alive.

I'm pretty sure that's a list of good QBs that Vince Young could potentially join if he does well elsewhere. I don't see a problem here, but these expectations of yours make it seem like its the 1960s