Photo
- - - - -

Clausen vs Luck vs Young... who would you want??

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

At this rate all three could be possibilities for next season, some more than others. With Young pouting and walking out on his team he seems to be on his way out of Tennessee. If they do waive him, we will have first shot at him and I'm not sure the Panthers will pass on him seeing as we are depleted at the position right now.

So as a panther fan would you rather

A) Let Jimmy Develop go into next season with him as a starter and draft another position with our early 1st round pick (O-line, D-line, WR, CB ect... my pick would be AJ Green)

B) Draft Andrew luck... build around him and be set at QB for the future.

C) Bring in VY, draft a top talent and build around him, while Jimmy still has a shot to regain the starting position.

Personally my choice would be B.... Andrew Luck is a rare talent and in a qb driven league he could eventually help in taking us back to a superbowl and being ontop. I honestly believe Luck is almost a safe a bet as Peyton Manning was coming out of college.

#2 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

I don't see Tennessee letting Young go for nothing. Even if they did, Fox and Fisher are very alike in that they will not tolerate the sort of behavior exhibited by Young over the last couple of years.

I like Young and would love to have him here (if he could stay out of trouble), but I just don't see it happening.

I'm sort of torn on the whole draft Luck or develop Clausen thing, especially since I think it's very hard to evaluate Clausen with two rookie receivers and a porous offensive line. I guess the easy answer is to wait and see who our next coach is, what sort of offense the team will run, and go from there.

#3 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

"The mob is fickle"

Just curious, are most Andrew Luck fans also Matt Moore fans... until they weren't?

#4 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

Sorry I left off an option...

For those who want, I guess

Resign Matt Moore and go with him as the starter could be a write in candidate....

I forgot about the option, though I'm not a fan of it, it is an option for the team.

#5 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:47 AM

We could trade our 2nd round pick for Vince Young

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!

#6 Jhyler12

Jhyler12

Go Time!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

None of the above...

#7 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Vince Young? No, No, No and a thousand times more No.

#8 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

regardless of what we do, it's pretty clear that we need to have a vet...a real vet...to come in and carry the clipboard for a couple years. i don't care about having clausen/luck sit on the bench, imo, he needs to get out there and play. he just needs to have someone with a lot of playing experience on the sidelines.

pennington/hasslebeck/bulger/mccown would be my choices, probably in that order.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,817 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

Vince Young? No, No, No and a thousand times more No.

ditto that. dude's a headcase. granted he's playing for one of the most overrated HCs out there who should have been fired a long time ago, but still...i just get a kerry collins vibe from him.

#10 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:18 PM

regardless of what we do, it's pretty clear that we need to have a vet...a real vet...to come in and carry the clipboard for a couple years. i don't care about having clausen/luck sit on the bench, imo, he needs to get out there and play. he just needs to have someone with a lot of playing experience on the sidelines.

pennington/hasslebeck/bulger/mccown would be my choices, probably in that order.

What about Delhomme? Could be intriguing under a coach that wouldn't be tempted to start him.

#11 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,586 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:19 PM

lol @ Vince Young

#12 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,292 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Pennington is said to have a suffered a career ending injury so I doubt his noodliness arm is an option

#13 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,469 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Its hard to pass on Luck if we get the 1st overall pick. Really there are only two major needs I see on this team. A QB and a DT and DT and there really are not lights out DT prospects so Luck it is.

#14 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,920 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Cowher would love to have Young.

#15 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,567 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

Young is a bitch. Give me Luck to compete with Clausen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.