Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has an "artists" political views ever caused you to boycott them?

74 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

A friend of mine is a pretty conservative guy, straight down the line on just about every issue. We got talking about movies one day and he started going off about this and that. I think the movie was Carlito's Way, and I was just saying how I liked it, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, this guy couldn't get past the fact that Sean Penn was in it. He hated the movie and wouldn't watch it anymore because of Sean Penn. For the record, this guy didn't use to be as wacky as he is now about this sort of thing...and if my memory serves me correctly he used to like Carlito's Way.

And now with Obama getting into office with all these high profile celebrities supporting him, it's making matters worse for this guy. Pretty soon he's not going to be able to listen to a CD or watch a fuging movie.

So I was wondering if there were any more people out there like this guy. Did you used to be a fan of somebody and now refuse to watch or listen to anything having to do with them?

Posted · Report post

There is a SOuth American artist who starves dogs as part of his concept of "art" Pretty friggin brutal

I would imagine it;d be less annoying now that celebs have someone in office who they arent going to complain about. I wonder what punk bands are going to focus on next...

Posted · Report post

There is a SOuth American artist who starves dogs as part of his concept of "art" Pretty friggin brutal.
Any relation to Michael Vick?

Posted · Report post

When I found out Clay Aiken was gay, I burned all his cd's in my back yard.

Posted · Report post

As you should have. He could have been so much better if he weren't gay.

Posted · Report post

i don't really have this problem because there are no good conservative artists (be it music or movies or what-have-you). people with creative talent plus the drive to make it are liberal.

Posted · Report post

Bill Klemski. He has been a Grip in over 74 films.

His association with the communist party and his perpetual wearing of the lameo Che t-shirt has kept me from watching at least 40 of the greatest films of all time.

Posted · Report post

George Jetson

Posted · Report post

i don't really have this problem because there are no good conservative artists (be it music or movies or what-have-you). people with creative talent plus the drive to make it are liberal.
Mel Gibson? Kid Rock (not totally conservative but does hold a lot of political views that are contrary to liberals)

Posted · Report post

I always thought it was the people that bought Clay Aiken CD's that were gay. I might need to rethink this one.

Posted · Report post

Mel Gibson? Kid Rock (not totally conservative but does hold a lot of political views that are contrary to liberals)

That backs up rodeo's point more than ever lol

Guy samples more music than Puffy Daddy

Posted · Report post

Mel Gibson's not conservative. He just hates jews, minorities and has a narrow, inflexible, historically inacurate view of Christianity.

Ok maybe I should have thought that through.

Apocolypto was good.