Photo
- - - - -

Has an "artists" political views ever caused you to boycott them?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

They have the right to express any view they feel. The fans have the right to react in any way they chose. Thay Clay for instance. If he expresses his views, it is likely to make his homo fans happy and they may by more of his products. On the other hand the dixie chicks IMO have more of a country fan base. The country fan base is pro America (again, IMO) and chose to stop buying their products. A dumb move for the chicks. Sure, down the road the homo holliwood croud award them a bunch of awards solely for stating anti American views, and not for musical accomplishments (once again, IMO). It still cost them millions of dollars. Aparently they were willing to pay. Where are they now? Theyput out a couple songs and the country radio tried to forgive them and play their songs. Far as I can see this has not taken hold. *

These are the views of Speed and in no fuging way express the views of The Panthers Huddle message board.

#32 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,637 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

#33 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

Reggie White was not a bigot. He was a nice man. A very nice man.

he was a bigot and a stain on the history of the nfl.

#34 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

Sure, down the road the homo holliwood croud award them a bunch of awards solely for stating anti American views

so because they said they didn't like Bush, they were anti American views.

but you are free to criticize Obama without being anti American?

how does that work exactly?

#35 -Painted Fan-

-Painted Fan-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:55 AM

a nice thing about america is that no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you think, you're allowed to tell every person you meet your opinions. you don't have to be a 'qualified' political expert to have an opinion on something, we sure aren't here in the tinderbox.

i'll never get why people begrudge other folks doing that just because they're famous.

being famous doesn't mean you're not allowed to share your opinion. if you've got a platform and something you care about, shout it as loud as you can.

i notice you listed all liberals. if your real problem is their views, man up and say that. don't pretend you disagree with all famous people sharing opinions.

I mentioned all liberals because, as my post stated, over the past several years, we've had a Republican in the White House, and these were the idiots to use their fame as a soap box to blast him.
Now that a Democrat is in office, let's see how many conservatives use that chance to voice their opinions.
I don't look at party when it comes to people. When I cast my vote, I vote for the person, not what side of the fence they choose.
We've had celebs in various forms of office before, and I think that will continue. We've had actors and pro wrestlers (also actors, but that's another thread) who have been elected to head states. We've even had a movie cowboy as President.
I'm good at painting my face and acting stupid at football games. That talent, in no way, shape, or form, does not extend to matters of public office or political opinion.

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,269 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

Reggie White was not a bigot. He was a nice man. A very nice man.

Agreed.

#37 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

david duke may be a "nice man," too, that doesn't make him less of a bigot. reggie white destroyed lives and preached hatred and was the same class of person.

#38 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

If I was going into battle I'd take Reggie White over you any day. No offense. He was a great guy. So his opinions weren't up to the PC code. fug the PC code.

#39 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

david duke may be a "nice man," too, that doesn't make him less of a bigot. reggie white destroyed lives and preached hatred and was the same class of person.

David Duke was a Klan wizard, or whatever you call them. Don't even make that comparison. I met Reggie White. He was a class act.

This gets to the root of the problem in this thread. Reggie White is an athlete. They asked him to speak in front of a crowd of people. Why?

Why are we shunning real preachers and real heroes in our community and paying so much attention to athletes and celebrities. If I want to know about the homeless, I'm going to ask Tattoorhino, not Steve Smith.

You would be very disappointed if you spent five minutes in an NFL locker room, Rodeo. Homophobia runs rampant, for one. Black guys make fun of white guys, and vice versa. Guys make fun of other guys over women. But you know what? It makes most of them closer. It's not like the ninnies on this board who get some kind of self worth out of calling other people bigots and racists. People they've never met.

#40 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

Reggie White was a villain in the homosexual community. He took a hard line fire and brimstone fundamentalist christian approach to them very vocally.

#41 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

To the original question, no, personal opinions or beliefs have not effected my view on an artist. Of course, being liberal minded, I don't have to worry about it 99% of the time.

#42 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

He actually was a Christian who in a not so loving way had the stones to tell the world the truth.

Also why is it always said that homophobia runs rampant amongst Christians, i'm not at all a fearer of gays, I do not have nightmares of gays breeding in my rickety old barn and destroying my town, and then me and John Goodman have to go kill the queen.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:57 AM

He actually was a Christian who in a not so loving way had the stones to tell the world his version of the truth.

fixed

#44 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

There are a few that I will not watch...And mostly it has to do with the point Delhommey made about their work becoming boring and unwatchable. But, mostly, I enjoy watching them make asses of themselves because they are such followers. They toe the line because HOLLYWOOD is their workplace and they have no real concept of the issues they trump.

My biggest problem is that they won't appear anywhere and defend their positions. Dennis Miller (conservative) has no problem defending and debating his. They also seem to verbally attack those who differ in opinion (mean-spirited and vitriolic) from them, and it makes them look like complete hypocrits.

#45 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

There are a few that I will not watch...And mostly it has to do with the point Delhommey made about their work becoming boring and unwatchable. But, mostly, I enjoy watching them make asses of themselves because they are such followers. They toe the line because HOLLYWOOD is their workplace and they have no real concept of the issues they trump.

My biggest problem is that they won't appear anywhere and defend their positions. Dennis Miller (conservative) has no problem defending and debating his. They also seem to verbally attack those who differ in opinion (mean-spirited and vitriolic) from them, and it makes them look like complete hypocrits.

They ARE complete hypocrites. Bitching about corporate businessmen using private jets, then getting on one themselves as they go to some island in the Caribbean for vacation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.