Photo
- - - - -

Has an "artists" political views ever caused you to boycott them?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 VaginalWartPuss

VaginalWartPuss

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

not just one artist and its not a 100% boycott, but i try not to let much of my money go to the hollywood crowed because i think they are out of touch with reality.

#62 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:54 AM

there's coltan in your computer turn it off

There's plenty more reason's to turn off the computer than coltan.

#63 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Better to not go digging around or you'll soon have to sew your own clothes.

I don't dig around. It's when people or companies fell they need to make a statement. Then I can make mine.

#64 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:22 PM

To each his own. I for one don't help finance people or companies that I feel do things I disagree with. Be it for any reason, not just political. Here's an example...back in the 90's Levi Strauss stopped donating money to the Boy Scouts (gay troop leader banishment) and I thought it was bad form to make a public announcement about it. They stuck their nose into something they shouldn't have based on their HQ's location (SF). I agreed with the boy scouts on this issue and decided I didn't need Levi Strauss products anymore. To this day I have not bought or worn any LS products. If I find out things about companies or individuals that I disagree with I avoid supporting them. Just the way I roll.

Well that situation is totally different. Gay people are evil and deserve to be shunned and ridiculed. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

#65 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:40 PM

Well that situation is totally different. Gay people are evil and deserve to be shunned and ridiculed. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

I didn't say gay was evil. I said they made their choice public thus allowing me to make a choice. Had they done it privately I'd have never known about it.

#66 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

I didn't say gay was evil.

You didn't need to. It goes without saying.

#67 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

consider it a sin all you want, i don't particularly give a sh*t what your backwards brain thinks. everyone has the right to be a bigot. but when you make a national campaign to try to get the actual decent people to twist their brain like yours, then it is too far. live your own life, judge not lest ye be judged, and stfu.

the gay life expectancy was shorter in the 80s. now aids is balanced by the fact that gay people average 70% more money and live healthier, happier lives.

But it is OK for your side to attempt to twist brains to think like yours? And your not bigotted toward people who think different from you, are you? I mean, the whole BACKWARD BRAIN slam seemed a little mean-spirited. TSK TSK!

BTW, it is perfectly acceptable for the RIGHTEOUS to judge. Someone has to point sin out to others, and being righteous does not make you perfect, but it means that you are STRIVING to be Christlike, who was perfect afterall. At the end of the day, I'm not righteous enough to tell you what to do or think, and personally could not care less about your lifestyle. I just enjoy pointing out your own bigotry and hypocrisy.

Edited by Htar, 25 January 2009 - 04:04 PM.

#68 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

But it is OK for your side to attempt to twist brains to think like yours? And your not bigotted toward people who think different from you, are you? I mean, the whole BACKWARD BRAIN slam seemed a little mean-spirited. TSK TSK!

BTW, it is perfectly acceptable for the RIGHTEOUS to judge. Someone has to point sin out to others, and being righteous does not make you perfect, but it means that you are STRIVING to be Christlike, who was perfect afterall. At the end of the day, I'm not righteous enough to tell you what to do or think, and personally could not care less about your lifestyle. I just enjoy pointing out your own bigotry and hypocrisy.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the mind of Timothy McVeigh.

#69 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

so because they said they didn't like Bush, they were anti American views.

In the views of their redneck fans 98% of their fanbase at the time.

#70 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

You didn't need to. It goes without saying.

Read into it what ever ya want there Skippy.

#71 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,929 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

But it is OK for your side to attempt to twist brains to think like yours?

who did that? i haven't seen any "EVERYONE BE GAY!" ads.

And your not bigotted toward people who think different from you, are you? I mean, the whole BACKWARD BRAIN slam seemed a little mean-spirited. TSK TSK!

ahh the ol' "you can't be intolerant of my intolerance" loophole. i think that is the subheader on stormfront, good job.

if you've read a few of my posts i have owned up many times to being a hardcore bigot against conservatism and religion and the kind of thinking that you and reggie share. why can't you own up to your own instead of pretending it's not bigotry because your fairy tale god gives you permission to hate people?

#72 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I will not necessarily boycott an artist because of his or her views, but I will not go to concerts of an artist that spends much time talking politics. That includes right or left, although most of them are certainly left. I did go see Nugent once, but his political speech was about 60 seconds, and was punctuated by some guitar riffs.

Saw a Pearl Jam concert once, and will never spend another dime on them. Every time they stopped playing it was f bush, bush sucks etc... (and this was Bush I). I don't go to concerts to hear a bunch of political crap from drug addled brains (thats what I come here for :)), I go to hear music from their drug addled brains.

#73 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

I don't go to concerts to hear a bunch of political crap from drug addled brains (thats what I come here for

You, sir, have hit a tape measure home run.

#74 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I have never boycotted an artist for any reason outside of me thinking they suck at their craft.

If you are watching an actor and can't stop thinking about their political views they are a shitty actor or you are watching a shitty movie

Sean Penn is a good example. Great great actor, never once thought of his views while he is on screen

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com