Photo
- - - - -

Has an "artists" political views ever caused you to boycott them?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#71 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

But it is OK for your side to attempt to twist brains to think like yours?

who did that? i haven't seen any "EVERYONE BE GAY!" ads.

And your not bigotted toward people who think different from you, are you? I mean, the whole BACKWARD BRAIN slam seemed a little mean-spirited. TSK TSK!

ahh the ol' "you can't be intolerant of my intolerance" loophole. i think that is the subheader on stormfront, good job.

if you've read a few of my posts i have owned up many times to being a hardcore bigot against conservatism and religion and the kind of thinking that you and reggie share. why can't you own up to your own instead of pretending it's not bigotry because your fairy tale god gives you permission to hate people?

#72 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I will not necessarily boycott an artist because of his or her views, but I will not go to concerts of an artist that spends much time talking politics. That includes right or left, although most of them are certainly left. I did go see Nugent once, but his political speech was about 60 seconds, and was punctuated by some guitar riffs.

Saw a Pearl Jam concert once, and will never spend another dime on them. Every time they stopped playing it was f bush, bush sucks etc... (and this was Bush I). I don't go to concerts to hear a bunch of political crap from drug addled brains (thats what I come here for :)), I go to hear music from their drug addled brains.

#73 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

I don't go to concerts to hear a bunch of political crap from drug addled brains (thats what I come here for

You, sir, have hit a tape measure home run.

#74 L.A. Fanatic

L.A. Fanatic

LOWER YOUR FONT!!!!!!!!

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:13 PM

I have never boycotted an artist for any reason outside of me thinking they suck at their craft.

If you are watching an actor and can't stop thinking about their political views they are a shitty actor or you are watching a shitty movie

Sean Penn is a good example. Great great actor, never once thought of his views while he is on screen