Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherfan81

Colin Cowherd

224 posts in this topic

So... is the consensus of this board that we want Luck and Harbaugh?

Also, how are all of you so sure Luck will be a good pro? Everyone that is paid to give their opinion thought jimmy was.

IF Luck declares and is available when we pick, I believe that most posters on here would agree that he should be our pick. I would hate to the what would happen if we pass on Luck and he does turn out to be the next John Elway like some suggest. :yesnod:

Also, how are all of you so sure Luck will be a good pro? Everyone that is paid to give their opinion thought jimmy was.

These are also the same media that think ND's poo doesn't stink. I mean they should have learned the lesson from Brady Quinn. People in the NFL know it. Both BQ and Jimmy fell in the drafts and the "experts" were like "I don't understand, I can't believe it how *** is slipping down the board".

I don't know whether he will succeed or not. I don't know if he has the tools or not (neither does anyone else on here unless they have a crystal ball).

Is it possible for a rookie to get it done without a staff around him that knows what they are doing yes, is it a good idea or good for the QB? hell no.

A lot of people can see tools, strong arm, good delivery, quick motion, tall, strong, fast. Those are tools. They are easily observable at this level. Just because you have some tools doesn't mean you will be successful though. Also, just because you don't have all the tools doesn't mean you can't be successful, it's just harder that way. I think Jimmy falls into the latter category. Time will tell.

That can be partly attributed to the fact that they were paid to give a good opinion, not just any opinion, allegedly (I should say that for legal purposes).

sure, and why not, there arent a plethora of promising young QB's out there.

i also agree with something you've said previously: try and move him to get into the 2nd round with a later pick package.

but even if you couldnt do this and had to keep jimmy on the roster, i'd be alright with drafting another rookie QB... odds are at least improved that one pick would pan out. and if they are both good, then that's a nice little problem to have. in this case you'd have some serious trade ammo to bolster some other positions.

pretty much seems like a win/win to me.

I'm still waiting for anyone to say why they're optimistic about Jimmy Clausen's development other than

A: they're notre dame fans

B: he's the QB of the team they cheer for

not chance ill be say one way or the other.

I'm still waiting for anyone to say why they're optimistic about Jimmy Clausen's development other than

A: they're notre dame fans

B: he's the QB of the team they cheer for

i would like to know what they have seen in clausen to make them think he was worth building an offense around and passing on luck for.

in closing. ive moved on already. I want Luck. But only if everyone on this staff is gone and a new one comes in (which is happening anyway). I wouldn't trust these idiots with my dog.

As long as the OL gets healthy... taking a QB #1 would be fine with me. He won't look like much of a QB if our O-Line continues like it is. A good OL and a good QB make average receivers look good.

in closing. ive moved on already. I want Luck. But only if everyone on this staff is gone and a new one comes in (which is happening anyway). I wouldn't trust these idiots with my dog.

So true...

and I don't even know your dog!

1 person likes this

As long as the OL gets healthy... taking a QB #1 would be fine with me. He won't look like much of a QB if our O-Line continues like it is. A good OL and a good QB make average receivers look good.

we do need to upgrade RG and add some decent depth, but i would look at FA to address those needs.

Colin is going to talk about the Panthers & the #1 pick in a bit. I got go inside Best Buy & get presents, last minute ;) can someone tell me what he says? Thanks

He just said Clausen came w/ too much entitlement. hes going to talk ab the game when he comes back from break. Hes on ESPNU until 1:00 just so you guys know....