44 replies to this topic

#31 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

i think it is safe to say that even though the browns dont have a better record yet, i still think that they are an improved team, mostly because of McCoy, but the free agents have played a significant part.

in all honesty, i think that if Fox had been handed the checkbook, i think he would have signed a few FA vets to complement some of the problem spots on the roster.

Fox is definately not perfect, and i am just as tired of his hard-headedness as everyone else is, but what he is trying to say is that this train wreck would have turned out much better if he were allowed the keys to do some of the things he thought needed to be done pre-season.

And I certainly agree with him. No matter what anyone says about Fox, he is a better coach than for something like this to be all of his fault.

so again I ask, what was his excuse for previous failing seasons? and you dare say injuries, because the Panthers aren't the only team that has players that get hurt

#32 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

so again I ask, what was his excuse for previous failing seasons? and you dare say injuries, because the Panthers aren't the only team that has players that get hurt

I'm not a Fox supporter. But in response to the post:

I am pretty sure the Panthers are the only team on their 4th RB and Rookie QB with Rookie WR's. A banged up O-Line, along with 2 star LB's missing. We went from a playoff team to an play's off team.

#33 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

sweet. If Fox had signed some vets, maybe we'd be 3-7! Yeehaw!

#34 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

I'm not a Fox supporter. But in response to the post:

I am pretty sure the Panthers are the only team on their 4th RB and Rookie QB with Rookie WR's. A banged up O-Line, along with 2 star LB's missing. We went from a playoff team to an play's off team.

read again

#35 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

i never said that Fox hasnt ever had losing seasons, but there is a difference between a team that goes 7-9 and a team that will likely go 1-15.

this probably was never going to be a winning season, I'm just saying that i think Fox was handcuffed this offseason in order to save money, and i dont think that he is happy, because the situation is reflecting mainly on him.

Fox is looking for a job next year, and he knows that the FO screwed him over. I dont think that it is appropriate to take jabs at the organization that hired you in public, but i cant really blame him for being vocal about it, because it is making him look bad.

#36 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,443 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:16 PM

whether he was handcuffed or not, people that defend him confuse me, we are acting like he was Sean Payton, and then got screwed. He screwed this team last year, by keeping Jake as the starter for most of the season, and had he not gotten hurt, he would have left him in. I kinda wish he had of stayed in now, because then, he might have gotten fired, truth be told, he should have BEEN fired.

#37 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,497 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:19 PM

who wants a coach who never made a halftime adjustment?

#38 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,821 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

Well the don't-give-a-f**k-anymore Fox sure is alot more entertaining than the actually-like-and-want-to-keep-my-job Fox.

#39 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

whether he was handcuffed or not, people that defend him confuse me, we are acting like he was Sean Payton, and then got screwed. He screwed this team last year, by keeping Jake as the starter for most of the season, and had he not gotten hurt, he would have left him in. I kinda wish he had of stayed in now, because then, he might have gotten fired, truth be told, he should have BEEN fired.

yeah, like we had something better than Jake last year waiting on the bench

Moore proved this year he was a one trick pony who can only win garbage time games

#40 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

On average Foxy is mediocre at best. Why is it the Patriots have all eight of their rookies contributing to critical game time situations and we struggle to make a first down. Coaching. A blind squirrel (sorry Squirrel) finds a nut every once in awhile. Fox is the reason he is in this situation....

#41 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

So, Fox does have a different script. Too bad he waits until now to use it. I wonder if the new coach will read the old one?

-Sip Water

-Say "it is what it is"

-Sip Water

-Say "we'll have to look at the film and evaluate it."

-Sip Water

(edit)-jab at personnel moves

-Leave, take water bottle

#42 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

-Sip Water

-Say "it is what it is"

-Sip Water

-Say "we'll have to look at the film and evaluate it."

-Sip Water

(edit)-jab at personnel moves

-Leave, take water bottle

:lol: :yesnod:

It is what it is.

#43 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

JR is too, which is why I'm worried he will hire Fox 2.0 during the offseason.

If the Fox 2.0 could keep the team motivated when their expected to do well I'd be fine with that. He'd be one of the best coaches in the league.

#44 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,245 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

His passive aggressiveness fits in perfectly around here.

#45 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Such as Jake???????

not sure why he would consider him... he has contributed to zero wins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.