Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kevin Greene

Illinios Governor arrested by Feds

25 posts in this topic

The more stuff that comes out, the more this guy seems like a colossal scumbag...

You have NO idea.

Well, you along with the rest of the nation soon will, but the wild thing is, he was SO out in the open about his sleaziness that EVERYBODY here knew it.

It has me thinking, along with a lot of other people, that he was completely delusional about what he was doing.

As if it was no big deal.

In some of the tapes he talks about being the next big thing out of Illinois' Democratic party, gonna make a run at the Presidency in 2016 or somesuch.

Everybody here was thinking "yeah, right, with your 26% approval rating in your home state....please"

Sadly, the ® couldn't beat him last time around because the garbage they ran against him was perceived as WORSE than him.

We need a housecleaning of epic proportions.

They were discussing it a bit this morning on Scarborough (I refuse to call that show "Morning Joe"), and it sounds like everyone knew since as far back as '02 that this cat was shady as hell. Some people, including Axelrod IIRC, refused to even take pictures with him on the stump trail for fear of association. And 26% sounds high. I thought it was in the teens?

Either way, traveling from Chicago to Springfield everyday on taxpayer's money? I think Illinois would function better as an anarchy at this point from what I'm reading...

Oh, believe it or not, he made it CLEAR that his family was too good for living in Springfield, and that really cheezed the central and southern Illinoisans off, but it didn't matter.

He still won because of how crappy his competition was, and the demographic changes that are occuring here.

His approval rating spiked when he pushed thru CTA reforms and a Universal Health plan for kids (that is bankrupt), but anyone with a brain still considered him a douchebag phony.

<<<<<<--------Not shocked at this report:

ABC News has a law enforcement source telling them that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is "Senate Candidate Five," the one who was -- according to Blagojevich -- willing to supply campaign cash in exchange for the Senate seat.

(This, incidentally, doesn't strike me as all that unusual in politics, or as obviously criminal as other things in the complaint -- though the crudeness with which Blagojevich discussed it was.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20081210/pl_politico/27055_1

Jesse, Jesse Jr. and Hot Rod are tight.

No surprise.

The backpedaling and "I never really liked that guy" stuff is going to be hilarious.

Axelrod already started that yesterday with the 'I misspoke about Obama discussing the appointment with the Governor'.

Ha.

^ too funny about Jackson...but not at all surprising...I'm sure he get get tons of money from his old man's shakedown machine, Rainbow Push 'em around!

Now that the Democrats are in power, it will be them getting more and more of these stories. Its their turn to screw up. Two governors so far this year, I expect to see a few congress critters in trouble before to long.

Jesse, Jesse Jr. and Hot Rod are tight.

No surprise.

The backpedaling and "I never really liked that guy" stuff is going to be hilarious.

Axelrod already started that yesterday with the 'I misspoke about Obama discussing the appointment with the Governor'.

Ha.

174097.jpg

The minute I laid eyes on him, I knew he was no good.

it was slightly bizarre to see CBS news nudging Obama toward a connection with Blowjobyavich. Poor guy hasn't even made it into office yet. The Pandora's box of piss on the prez at any point is probably going to upset Barry before this term is over.

In fairness, after reading prety much the entire indictment, it really seems like Hot Rod was conspiring mostly with himself.

Srsly.

The guy was delusional.

Shaking down my employer, Children's Memorial Hospital?

Does ANYONE do stuff like that?

We all know politicians, your favorite, my favorite, any of them ALL have to twist some arms and wheel and deal to get sh*t done.

Rod just couldn't figure out that you need to be subtle, quasi-legal, not ILLEGAL.

And you need to have your people do the dirty work, not you.

And when you KNOW you are being watched by the fed you need to start stfu-ing.

I doubt someone as savvy as Obama couldn't smell this guy as a delusional turd long ago.

As to the Jesse Jr. stuff.....I'm willing to bet that it wasn't Jesse Jr that was willing to play ball. Although a family member of his has a history of shaking the money tree....perhaps acting as his "emissary".......maybe without Jr's knowledge.