Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$150,000,000 spent on Obama Inaguration

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

that 150,000,000 figure for Obama includes security and transportation.

that 43,000,000 figure for Bush does not.

Bush's 2004 inauguration cost $157,000,000.

From the straight forward media matters site.

http://mediamatters.org/columns/200901170003

However, buried in a recent New York Times article published one week before the controversy erupted over the cost of Obama's inauguration, the newspaper reported that in 2005, "the federal government and the District of Columbia spent a combined $115.5 million, most of it for security, the swearing-in ceremony, cleanup and for a holiday for federal workers" [emphasis added].

You read that correctly. The federal government spent $115 million dollars for the 2005 inauguration. Keep in mind, that $115 million price tag was separate from the money Bush backers bundled to put on the inauguration festivities. For that, they raised $42 million. So the bottom line for Bush's 2005 inauguration, including the cost of security? That's right, $157 million

. :ack2:

I guess we will have to find info to debunk that now and the merry go round continues.

Posted · Report post

So you are telling me Obama's group was able to get three times as many people there for less money?

Sounds right.

since when does it matter how many people are actually at the inaugaration? your point is childish. you gotta think in the big picture here. whats more important? the economy, or the number of people that come to an inaugaration?

Posted · Report post

lol, your knuckles are turning white from grasping at those straws.

Would it have been possible to have limited the number of people that wanted to show up? NO

Catch a clue.

Posted · Report post

think of all the CEO bonuses we could have paid with that!

(two)

Posted · Report post

lol, your knuckles are turning white from grasping at those straws.

Would it have been possible to have limited the number of people that wanted to show up? NO

Catch a clue.

ok, so therefore we had no choice but to spend that money? that's ignorant logic. since when are we held to that sort of obligation?

Posted · Report post

From the straight forward media matters site.

http://mediamatters.org/columns/200901170003

However, buried in a recent New York Times article published one week before the controversy erupted over the cost of Obama's inauguration, the newspaper reported that in 2005, "the federal government and the District of Columbia spent a combined $115.5 million, most of it for security, the swearing-in ceremony, cleanup and for a holiday for federal workers" [emphasis added].

You read that correctly. The federal government spent $115 million dollars for the 2005 inauguration. Keep in mind, that $115 million price tag was separate from the money Bush backers bundled to put on the inauguration festivities. For that, they raised $42 million. So the bottom line for Bush's 2005 inauguration, including the cost of security? That's right, $157 million

. :ack2:

I guess we will have to find info to debunk that now and the merry go round continues.

well we all know how much credibility the new york times has. hahaha. that sorry excuse for a newspaper is on its way out, and we all know why.

that article is a joke. the bottom line is this:

Obama spent a record $150,000,000, and Bush spent $43,000,000. Period. Fiscally responsible? I dont think so.

Posted · Report post

Nothing here to see people. Sarah Palin spent Thousands on dresses. Now there's an issue.

Move along.

Posted · Report post

The problem I have is not so much the difference but the even more dire economic times right now.

It doesn't matter. O is bulletproof. His cabinet is bulletproof. His policies are bulletproof.

His caca is even bulletproof.

Posted · Report post

well we all know how much credibility the new york times has. hahaha. that sorry excuse for a newspaper is on its way out, and we all know why.

that article is a joke. the bottom line is this:

Obama spent a record $150,000,000, and Bush spent $43,000,000. Period. Fiscally responsible? I dont think so.

what's your source?

Posted · Report post

what's your source?

He wipes it daily.

Posted · Report post

what's your source?

are you joking? search google and you will find hundreds of articles on this.

Posted · Report post

Obama is a fraud and a phony and I wish he'd never been born.