53 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

bush had a freaking war to fund and he was throwing 157 million dollar parties for himself while american soldiers were dieing for his phoney war.

#32 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

The economy was good in 2004 relative to today when people are losing homes, jobs and major corporations are failing at historic rates.
Obama has started a lot of good dialogue and rhetoric in his early days. In the Inaugaration he had a chance to set a prescedent by practicing what he preaches.
By not putting Country First in preference of his own desires he has failed miserably.

We miss you, RR. This country has been led by one schmuck after another since your VP got screwed in 92.

#33 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

bush had a freaking war to fund and he was throwing 157 million dollar parties for himself while american soldiers were dieing for his phoney war.

Please answer why you are not outraged at both?

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

Cause he's got a crush on Obaaaamaaaa

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

i'm not outraged at either. it's just how much it costs. the bulk of it is spent on cleaning up afterwards and security and crap like that. all the stuff like staging and performances were paid for with private donations.

they are important historical reference points. america loves stupid crap like that to feel good. how much tax money is spent on the friggin blue angels?

#36 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

I am pissed that we as a nation are ok with any president spending 9 figures on a party for himself.

Sounds an awful lot like the parties that the French "royalty" threw for themselves.

#37 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

I personally can't stand anything about Washington or the politics oozing from it, but I'm not bent out of shape over this one.

#38 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

i know this is old news, but i did not see it posted up anywhere...

you would think that with the economy being the way it is, that Obama would be a little more concious about spending. 150 million dollars was spent on the Obama inaguration...what a complete waste. i think that is disgusting. how about you do something useful with that money barry, like put it toward the private sector. lets create some jobs bud.

funny how back in '04 the media had a field day with the $43,000,000 that was spent on the Bush inaguration. but no, Obama spends over 300% of what Bush spent, and you dont hear a lick about it from the media. typical.

You must be one of the 15% of Americans who hate Obama. ... that's what I hear, anyway.

#39 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

that 150,000,000 figure for Obama includes security and transportation.

that 43,000,000 figure for Bush does not.

Bush's 2004 inauguration cost $157,000,000.

link?

#40 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

If it was a party for himself, millions would not have showed up. Same for Bush, it was not a party for himself. The nation watches...for both Republican presidents and Democratic presidents...at least they should.

Unimportant party to stroke ones ego. Sorry but its the truth.

Such foolish spending of taxpayers money will lead to revolt, and I don't know that I won't be part of it.

#41 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

When Jimmy Carter tried to do things on the cheap he was looked down upon and he lost cred. Nothing you do will please everybody, somebody is going to bitch and moan (venom).

That inauguration pumped millions into the pockets of regular working Americans who may have been laid off otherwise.

WE NEED TO SPEND MONEY!!! The stupid fools who are holding it and not spending or reinvesting are the ones really hurting the economy. Especially those who've been blessed with 10mill bonuses and such.

This is the largest consumer economy in the world. It only works when cash flows from the bottom up.

#42 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

When Jimmy Carter tried to do things on the cheap he was looked down upon and he lost cred. Nothing you do will please everybody, somebody is going to bitch and moan (venom).

That inauguration pumped millions into the pockets of regular working Americans who may have been laid off otherwise.

WE NEED TO SPEND MONEY!!! The stupid fools who are holding it and not spending or reinvesting are the ones really hurting the economy. Especially those who've been blessed with 10mill bonuses and such.

This is the largest consumer economy in the world. It only works when cash flows from the bottom up.

WRONG

yes we all need to spend money, but not the government. Do you understand that every nickle that they spend has to come out of the taxpayers pocket?

Spending 150,000,000 on a party is outrageous. That did not save any jobs outside of the federal sector.

Quit with your silly excuses.

#43 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:53 PM

WRONG

yes we all need to spend money, but not the government. Do you understand that every nickle that they spend has to come out of the taxpayers pocket?

Spending 150,000,000 on a party is outrageous. That did not save any jobs outside of the federal sector.

Quit with your silly excuses.

What else does the gov do but spend money?

How many private contractors were involved with that party? My guess, very many.

Since when did the federal sector start catering or doing flower arrangements? That money went to regular Americans. People put in long hours and got paid.

To you that would be inexcusable? Stop hating.

#44 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,889 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

i'm not outraged at either. it's just how much it costs. the bulk of it is spent on cleaning up afterwards and security and crap like that. all the stuff like staging and performances were paid for with private donations.

they are important historical reference points. america loves stupid crap like that to feel good. how much tax money is spent on the friggin blue angels?

i hope you realize with each progressive post you make, you make yourself out to be more and more moronic.

but i do agree with you about america's "feel good" syndrome...its the only thing Obama had going for him in his campaign, and is the only reason why he won. lets "feel good" for "change!" he led a campaign built solely on emotion.

so cleaning up afterwards was the bulk of the expenses for the inaugaration? didnt know the city would have to spend an extra (let's say) $50,000,000 on a cleanup crew. sounds like they got the shaft on that deal.

dude. youre a joke.

Edited by venom, 25 January 2009 - 03:49 AM.

#45 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,889 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:45 AM

Yea duh. However your point is only half correct. We all know that $150,000,000 inaugaration is absolutely absurd. my point was a bunch of that money couldve gone into the private sector, where jobs are less expensive to create, and money can easily recycle itself back into the economy.

the spending youre talking about, as well as obama, is spending within the government and creating government jobs. this type of spending is worthless and does nothing for the economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com