#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

A Saudi militant who was released from Guantanamo Bay after six years of confinement is now a top figure in the Yemeni branch of al-Qaida, a U.S. counterterrorism official confirmed today.

Said Ali al-Shihri was released in 2007 to the Saudi government for rehabilitation. He re-emerged this week, identified by a militant-leaning Web site as a top deputy in "al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula," a Yemeni offshoot of the terror group headed by Osama bin Laden.

http://www.latimes.c...0,4983174.story

#2 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

And this was BEFORE the signed CLOSING OF GITMO.
But we will be seen as a better country for doing this. The UN will smile once again on us and doggone it that means so much to us.

Al Q certainly sees us in a much better light.

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

bump
I was expecting more clever quips and how this only enhances the world view of us.
We want to be Stuart Smalley again.

#4 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Olberman actually said we turned him into a terrorist at Gitmo last night.

Liberals = stupid schmucks

What can you do?

#5 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

And this is either buried deep in the major papers or not at all.
The NY Times article had this pearl: “The lesson here is, whoever receives former Guantánamo detainees needs to keep a close eye on them,” the American official said.

Are you freaking kidding me?

#6 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

So Bush keeps Gitmo open, has to release someone because laws were not followed in capturing and holding him, and he returns to the field and pursues terrorism once again.

Help me out here guys, help me figure out why having a legal means to keep and detain terrorists is a bad thing.

#7 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

So Bush keeps Gitmo open, has to release someone because laws were not followed in capturing and holding him, and he returns to the field and pursues terrorism once again.

Help me out here guys, help me figure out why having a legal means to keep and detain terrorists is a bad thing.

September 11, 2001

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Rudi

#9 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

How many people have gotten off from a crime because their attorney splits hairs or finds some strange loophole so they go free?
The crime they actually committed gets usruped by a technicality.

Would you rather have this guy illegally in jail or back out doing what he does?

Usually the smoking gun with suicide bombers etc make it hard to bring them into trial.

I want the US to above board on all levels and do what is right as well.

This isn't petty crime stuff and breaking probation.

Mr. Shihri, 35, trained in urban warfare tactics at a camp north of Kabul, Afghanistan, according to documents released by the Pentagon as part of his Guantánamo dossier. Two weeks after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, he traveled to Afghanistan via Bahrain and Pakistan, and he later told American investigators that his intention was to do relief work, the documents say. He was wounded in an airstrike and spent a month and a half recovering in a hospital in Pakistan.

The documents state that Mr. Shihri met with a group of “extremists” in Iran and helped them get into Afghanistan. They also say he was accused of trying to arrange the assassination of a writer, in accordance with a fatwa, or religious order, issued by an extremist cleric.

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

Of course none of this would have happened if he was properly detained in the first place.

#11 N1kkadeemuz

N1kkadeemuz

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Of course none of this would have happened if he was properly detained in the first place.

Daniel Pearl's trial was so gripping.

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

http://www.google.co...QR90lC_pXaHeW4Q

Here is another. Why wait a year, just send em back now. Here is where they will end up. History will not be kind to Barack.

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Daniel Pearl's trial was so gripping.

Hey, if that's the kind of justice you aspire to we'll never agree on much.

#14 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

What do you expect, people in Abu Graihb were ready to talk but were mistreated. Then they turned against us. What do you expect from actual terrorists...They are going to go right back to what they were doing. The only thing you can do is keep them behind bars.

#15 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,716 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

True. Or just be a productive person like the rest of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.