Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of Gitmo

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Daniel Pearl's trial was so gripping.

Hey, if that's the kind of justice you aspire to we'll never agree on much.

Posted

What do you expect, people in Abu Graihb were ready to talk but were mistreated. Then they turned against us. What do you expect from actual terrorists...They are going to go right back to what they were doing. The only thing you can do is keep them behind bars.

Posted

Of course none of this would have happened if he was properly detained in the first place.

True. Or just be a productive person like the rest of us.

Posted

I would assume that going forward that all records that involve released prisoners from Gitmo will never see the light of day.

Posted

So Bush keeps Gitmo open, has to release someone because laws were not followed in capturing and holding him, and he returns to the field and pursues terrorism once again.

Help me out here guys, help me figure out why having a legal means to keep and detain terrorists is a bad thing.

Please explain what "laws" were broken?

Posted

I really am interested to find out what Obama is going to do with these guys, and future knuckleheads. I suspect we will enter into diplomatic negotiations with terrorist organizations around the world.

Posted

I suspect we will enter into diplomatic negotiations with terrorist organizations around the world.

They dont believe in diplomacy...so were screwed

Posted

Am I right? The fellows at gitmo were captured in afghanistan terrorist training camps. ( A war the libbies aprove of. Well maybe not.) Anyway, when obama makes friends with the terrorist, maybe he will give Iraq to Iran and get to be buddies with them. And they will not use their nukes on us.:o

Posted

I hope these are the last two cases of this ever happening

Posted

it's interesting watching people get angry at obama for men that bush released.

Posted

it's interesting watching people get angry at obama for men that bush released.

It's just as interesting watching liberals who have bitched about us "torturing" these people now get quiet when they see what the few who have been released have done.

Posted

It's just as interesting watching liberals who have bitched about us "torturing" these people now get quiet when they see what the few who have been released have done.

i'm not sure more torturing would help matters. The people who were released obviously did something to make the tribunals think that they were no longer a threat. nor am I sure that holding people indefinately is the answer to a problem. It seems more like ignoring the problem to me. what do you propose?