Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of Gitmo

33 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm not sure more torturing would help matters. The people who were released obviously did something to make the tribunals think that they were no longer a threat. nor am I sure that holding people indefinately is the answer to a problem. It seems more like ignoring the problem to me. what do you propose?

Life in prison?

Posted

Yes, so then you can complain about what TV they can watch on your dime.

Posted

Life in prison?

how long do you think this war on terror is going to take? how many generations of people are you willing to hold forever?

Posted

how long do you think this war on terror is going to take? how many generations of people are you willing to hold forever?

As many as it takes? War isn't a picnic.

Posted

Then why do soldiers wear those cute hiking backpacks?

Posted

Do people expect ANY of these detainees, whether terrorists prior or not, to come out waving an American Flag, singing "America the Beautiful" or something?

Posted

[conservative] Hell, we give em three squares a day, a prayer mat, and a tropical climate -they should LOVE US![/conservative]

Posted

Do people expect ANY of these detainees, whether terrorists prior or not, to come out waving an American Flag, singing "America the Beautiful" or something?

No. I just don't want to release a shark back into the swimming pool.

Posted

Shoulda just let Bush kill them all, isn't that the only way to guarantee these people will never try to do us harm in the future?