Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

there's a whole lot of Huddle regulars missing from the boards this year

182 posts in this topic

Posted

on a serious note the only two people i miss from that era are FB77 and GregP.

besides that the only other thing i miss from the forum back then was fan Q & A, which i haven't seen us do for a long time.

Posted

on a serious note the only two people i miss from that era are FB77 and GregP.

besides that the only other thing i miss from the forum back then was fan Q & A, which i haven't seen us do for a long time.

Locker Room

Posted

He would have if the Dolphins didnt rush him in. He was a project that needed two years of backing up and not playing to payoff. But he got thrown to the wolves.

he took one big hit then went to play baseball.

unless not rushing him means letting him add 100 pounds growing a set of balls, I'm thinking it wasn't meant to be.

Posted

I usually post in the game threads during the games but I don't do it 2 often this season, cause I broke down and stopped watching streams online and paid for the ticket this season. I watch every game with the hope that we will have some chance at the end and I have been so damn mad about the FO ability to have prevented some of this I don't want me getting on here right after the game 2 make it a bitch session. P.S. ( today's loss hurt like hell)

Posted

I stopped posting a few weeks ago. A slightly major personal catastrophe drew my attention away from the internet. Add to that not being able to escape my problems by talking about how "good" my favorite football team is and you can see why the huddle would lose its luster for me.

I'm sure no one's missed me. I never really have much to add to a conversation anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

I stopped posting a few weeks ago. A slightly major personal catastrophe drew my attention away from the internet. Add to that not being able to escape my problems by talking about how "good" my favorite football team is and you can see why the huddle would lose its luster for me.

Sorry to hear it, man.

Posted

I'm sure no one's missed me. I never really have much to add to a conversation anyway.

Have some pie. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

i don't recognize anyone in this thread

Posted

i was looking at a few threads from this offseason, and from the 2009 regular season, and recognized a whole lot of big name posters that have mysteriously disappearance.

amazing how a poo season sifts all the bandwagoners out of a fanbase... any bets on how many of these guys quietly return when we sign our first major free agent in the spring?

Not that - the best regulars left back when a major employer blocked the Huddle and then an influx of idiots on here. I can only list a handful of people whose post I'll pay attention to. Buncha Corkys have taken over.

Posted

Not that - the best regulars left back when a major employer blocked the Huddle and then an influx of idiots on here. I can only list a handful of people whose post I'll pay attention to. Buncha Corkys have taken over.

Who was the employer?

Posted

Who was the employer?

quicktrip

Posted

i was looking at a few threads from this offseason, and from the 2009 regular season, and recognized a whole lot of big name posters that have mysteriously disappearance.

amazing how a poo season sifts all the bandwagoners out of a fanbase... any bets on how many of these guys quietly return when we sign our first major free agent in the spring?

Or, we left because these boards have kind of devolved into something I don't really care to be a part of. Not getting on a soapbox or anything, but when I first started coming around, everyone was friendly to each other.

Now its "Oh my god, you're retarded for thinking that!" or "ANOTHER uniform thread? GTFO noob."

The whole board has sort of gained a 4chan odor. I still keep in touch with some people via facebook (like bleys).

EDIT: One thing I always liked at another board I frequent is their VIP room. Only members that have been vetted by the administration and existing VIPs can view and post in that forum. Elitist? Probably. Effective? Definitely.

2 people like this