Photo
- - - - -

Jimmy Clausen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#51 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:34 AM

He has one of the best O-lines in the country

Exactly. Luck feeds off of time in the pocket, a luxury that Clausen does not have.

#52 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

i have yet to understand how people continue to evaluate a rookie's performance based on the overall pathetic performance of the team as a whole.

i have yet to understand how people continue to evaluate any player's performance, rookie or vet, based on the overall pathetic performance of the team as a whole.

But at the same time I also fail to see how anyone can state Clausen is the QB of the future considering everything we've seen.

The jury will be out for at least another year, one way or the other.

#53 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

I have seen thousands of college football games. I even saw Peyton Manning play live at Tennessee. Admittedly, I had never seen Luck play until last night.

Until last night, I was a Clausen supporter. I have NEVER seen a QB throw the ball as well as Luck. IMO, He will be the best QB in the NFL in the next 5 years. I don't care if we have Clausen or not. Cry all you want saying "you have to give him a chance". Doesn't matter.

The team the passes on Luck should fire everyone who approved that decision and ban them from football forever. Clausen may very well turn out to be good. Luck will be the BEST.

#54 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

Clausen could develop into a good NFL QB, but you still take Luck if you have the chance... that kid could start day 1 as a VERY good NFL QB.

#55 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Once we get a new offensive theme that allows us to be balanced our Oline shouldnt look so bad and hopefully taking some pressure off the QB. But, we can not afford to pass up Luck if he is there for us. We poo away draft picks, why not take a calculated chance on this kid...

Why can't we keep Clausen, hes prolly cheap on the salary and at the current concussion rate we'll need a few QB's that can play.

#56 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... someone call me when the poor, beaten horse is finally dead and gets buried. Until then how about a new rule:

Clausen apologists cannot start any new threads for 48 hours....

#57 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

QB is a position of need. it's our greatest one and we don't have have it resolved. it is THE most important position there is. it is the thing we have been lacking for many years and, considering who we are going to be facing for many more years, is something that we have to have settled.

i really can't believe the hesitancy of people to draft the best QB coming out of the draft this year who happens to be the best QB that many experts have seen in years.

we have become so used to mediocre at best QB play that the bar is set incredibly low. .

The Delhomme curse!!