Photo
- - - - -

Do you think we will see a diffrent concept on D this season.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#11 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:43 PM

i'd def like to see more jamming from our CBs. i think the 4-3 is fine. its just a matter of being creative with it, but not too complex. Hopefully the new DC doesn't let Fox take over, cuz that's why there are so many coaching positions to begin with. For one man to take on more than one position is ludacris.

It is really simple. If the defense is in the top 5 and can make stops when it needs to, Fox will be totally hands off. He only gets involved when things aren't going well. He isn't stupid and has lasted this long because he really does know what he is doing. He is the only coach in the NFC South still left. I am totally hopeful that next year is even better.

#12 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

It is really simple. If the defense is in the top 5 and can make stops when it needs to, Fox will be totally hands off. He only gets involved when things aren't going well. He isn't stupid and has lasted this long because he really does know what he is doing. He is the only coach in the NFC South still left. I am totally hopeful that next year is even better.

I do agree with this. We have only heard of Fox helping out for about 2 years now and our D has needed that help.

#13 Phillips86

Phillips86

ROOKIE

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

Its still fox's team. And unltimatly his Dc will do what he tells him to do. So our defense will pretty much stay the same. Play way of the Wr's, avoid Blitzing and try our best not to show emotion.

#14 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I hate when People say "This is Fox's D and things will stay the same" because is has been reported that Del Rio used more zone and Trgo used more man so thus its not Fox D its the coordinators D and Fox just makes sure they are doing the right thing and keeping the D in the top 10.

#15 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

I'd like to see a new concept on the Panther's D. Its called defend the pass and make tackles!

#16 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

This is not about the 3-4 or the 4-3 its about how our New DC will approach the game and how he will use his personnel. Like if we will see more man to man, bump and run, some coverages to cover the lack of talent we might have with our DEs this season, and so on. Or will we still go with the bend but dont break and rush 4 to get pressure like we have done for 7 years.

only Karnac can answer this question....

#17 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:20 PM

I'd like to see a new concept on the Panther's D. Its called defend the pass and make tackles!

WHAT! WHAT! thats a crazy idea.

#18 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

I hate when People say "This is Fox's D and things will stay the same" because is has been reported that Del Rio used more zone and Trgo used more man so thus its not Fox D its the coordinators D and Fox just makes sure they are doing the right thing and keeping the D in the top 10.

:confused:

Periods...look into them.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

Periods...look into them.

Must be single. Married and/or attached guys know plenty about periods.

(I'm gonna get ripped by somebody for that joke)

What would I like to see.? I want Kemo to continue to occupy the middle and play over the center and take up 2 people. I would like us to get a big fast tackle on the right side in the Jenkins mode (hated to see him go). Then we need to get a FA DE who can hold the edge and get 7 or 8 sacks. I figure Johnson and Brayton colllectively did a good job as a pair on the left side. Lewis makes a great Al Wallace type 6th guy and Walker et all are all decent backups.

It would leave us replacing Peppers and picking up a dominant right tackle to hold the line and get pressure on passing downs. With the trade we should get for him, as well as the cap savings, there is no reason we can't get 2 quality guys who can contribute right away much like Peppers did his first year and Otah did this past season. Rookies can really make a difference with great coaching.

Getting back to a tackle scheme like we had prior to Jenkins trade is a big deal for me. I think if you have that and add a high motor DE (not necessarily an uber-talent, but a guy who's relentless) the loss of Julius Peppers will not seem anywhere near as significant as it would otherwise.

#20 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:50 AM

Must be single. Married and/or attached guys know plenty about periods.

(I'm gonna get ripped by somebody for that joke)

Getting back to a tackle scheme like we had prior to Jenkins trade is a big deal for me. I think if you have that and add a high motor DE (not necessarily an uber-talent, but a guy who's relentless) the loss of Julius Peppers will not seem anywhere near as significant as it would otherwise.

Like, Chris Canty? He will probably leave Dallas this offseason and would probably fit nicely in Fox's "oversized defensive linemen" set. He's 300+, and while he doesn't have a whole lot of stats, it's usually because 3-4 down linemen never usually do.

Other teams will look to just plug him in to fill space in their 3-4s just like we did with Kemo in our system. Plus the market isn't exactly a pricey one for these type players. We can give him the conversion in a new system and also not have to pay that much, plus he gives us a nice inexpensive alternative.