So who's better?

elaborate

#77 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

i wonder how many of these people screaming luck every other post heve even watched the guy play on a regular basis. do they show stanford nationwide every weekend or something? or do people just buy in to the hype and run with it? who was the last over hyped qb from the pac 10? matt leinart? lol

Didn't that leinhart guy win national championship? He had a great WR named Jarret didn't he?

#78 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

Why do you think he is regressing?

I think his last two starts have easily been his best of the season. This last game was good enough to get us a win but we just didn't pull it through. He has some issues, but he has dealt with many of them, including the fumbling issues and tipped balls... Now we just need to get him some protection to see what he can do with his feet under him!

No doubt he stopped fumbling snaps and throwing higher, but those are some of the most basic fundamentals of playing QB in the league. I just don't think he realizes yet or will be taught here how he not only has to lead receivers, but they won't necessarily look open from the pocket...thus Fox/Davidson's piss poor play designs are affecting how he reads the field and his overall mental state. Today showed he could become a worse version of David Carr...dump downs for higher %, running backwards, and these things are detrimental to QBs. Just my opinion.

#79 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

meh, comparing USC to Stanford is a bit unfair :P

#80 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Didn't that leinhart guy win national championship? He had a great WR named Jarret didn't he?

hell yea he was the poo lol

#81 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

No doubt he stopped fumbling snaps and throwing higher, but those are some of the most basic fundamentals of playing QB in the league. I just don't think he realizes yet or will be taught here how he not only has to lead receivers, but they won't necessarily look open from the pocket...thus Fox/Davidson's piss poor play designs are affecting how he reads the field and his overall mental state. Today showed he could become a worse version of David Carr...dump downs for higher %, running backwards, and these things are detrimental to QBs. Just my opinion.

he does try to lead receivers. Last week he tried to lead Rosario, and Rosario at down on a route, leading to an incompletion. :(

I do think he flees backwards too often, but I can't blame him when a second after the snap there are people surrounding him, often bearing straight in at him...

I hope you're wrong about Carring him, I think it is too early to say that. We'll see how he picks it up; the last two weeks haven't been nearly that bad for him... not for this offense, anyway.

#82 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Stanford has been on VS a couple times this year and I've seen him maybe a half dozen times over the last couple seasons.

I'm more impressed with his team than him to be honest, but he certainly looks great. While a lot of people are labeling him as a "sure fire can't miss probowl QB", that is premature... but he does look good.

So did Clausen last year, though.

If Harbaugh can translate that coaching to the pros I'd be delighted to name him our next HC. That's a very, very well coached team. Luck is a beneficiary of that - he just happens to also be rather good (though I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people make out).

#83 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

the last hyped QB from the pac 10 is leading the jets right now.

#84 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

If Harbaugh can translate that coaching to the pros I'd be delighted to name him our next HC. That's a very, very well coached team. Luck is a beneficiary of that - he just happens to also be rather good (though I don't think he's anywhere near as good as people make out).

Yeah, I agree. Reading some of this board's "scouts," drafting Luck alone guarantees at least a decade worth of Superbowls... and that's being conservative.

#85 PantherPhann

PantherPhann

The voice of reason!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

if kasay didnt choke, we would have won and Clausen played a big role in us having a chance.

Yeah he did have a big hand/little hand in that...LOL but he hadn't checked down all game he would've had a bigger hand in it.

#86 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

the last hyped QB from the pac 10 is leading the jets right now.

And how did he do his rookie season?

Before you say "lead his team to the playoffs" please remember that the Jets O-line/running game and D lead them to the playoffs.

#87 blackcat

blackcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

hell yea he was the poo lol

Exactly, leinhart and Jarrett lit that conference up and look where they are at now? I'd rather bulk up our other needs and see if Clausen can grow into the position. What all these people think is that there's a simple quick fix...there's not, this team needs toaddtess many problems, qb not being one of them. Fix our o line and d line, and we're a much better team.

#88 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,940 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

he does try to lead receivers. Last week he tried to lead Rosario, and Rosario at down on a route, leading to an incompletion. :(

I do think he flees backwards too often, but I can't blame him when a second after the snap there are people surrounding him, often bearing straight in at him...

I hope you're wrong about Carring him, I think it is too early to say that. We'll see how he picks it up; the last two weeks haven't been nearly that bad for him... not for this offense, anyway.

I hope I am too, because it'd be nice to see him step it up next year to compete with whoever we add, because there is no doubt we are adding new weapons & QBs. Again, I don't want to root against Pickles but this season could be detrimental to his career and that's something people should consider when saying they want to see him develop and improve with the current sh*tstorm around him...a vulnerable rookie QB

#89 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Only thing Jimmy killed was a small animal that saw his face on the way to the stadium.

He sucks. Most reasonable fans here wanted him to be good and be the future of the franchise. He is not. Face it. STFU.

The same "reasonable" fans that are cheering for losses but then pointing enraged fingers at whomever they can to place blame for losing?

#90 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,781 posts

And how did he do his rookie season?

Before you say "lead his team to the playoffs" please remember that the Jets O-line/running game and D lead them to the playoffs.

had we given up more for clausen, were he more entrenched into the role as starter and the offense, if he was handpicked by the new coach who wanted him to be the cornerstone of his offense....i might argue for giving him more of a chance rather than passing up on luck this year. that isn't the case. it was obvious that sanchez was going to be the man. they traded up for him. rex thought that he was great for his new team.

it's just a good thing that rex had that opportunity to pick his own QB. the new coach we have should be able to do the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.