Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Non Christians celebrating Christmas...

LOL I've actually been reading up on some more of this lately, and I have seen some new excuses from the Christian crowd...

Not only did Jesus perform all of the miracles in the Bible, but he basically time traveled back to the creation of the universe and was here before all those other guys that had such similar events in their lives...

Clearly THEY were the copycats, and our holiness Jesus (who wasn't even prophesied until the writing of the OT between approx 1500 and 400 BC mind you, which is over 1000 years AFTER the Egyptians were writing about gods and miracles) is the trendsetter because he claims firsties!

and even the OT prophecies about the messiah clearly aren't talking about Jesus. You have to have Jesus filtered glasses on to think they are.

It just seems that you go after Christians more than others ... of course, this time of year, it's easy pickings.

Yeah, when they start marketing Ramadan like they do Christmas (which I am sure g5jamz will tell you is coming soon to a country near you), I'll put The Saltman on blast mode too... ;)

FWIW, I was raised a Christian, and still give it credit for its good parts... as do I with all religions...

It is the bad parts that I have a problem with, and the adopting and commercialization of religious holidays is a drop in the bucket of those...

Who cares. If you want to celebrate it, celebrate. If you don't want to, then don't.

and even the OT prophecies about the messiah clearly aren't talking about Jesus. You have to have Jesus filtered glasses on to think they are.

example?

hilarious

this is like saying should trophies be awarded for snipe hunting.

*mock chest beating of how someone knows more about a religious holiday than the alledged person who already celebrates it yet ends up even more self righteous than the persons they think they are mocking

heres an idea we can all agree on instead of wasting bandwidth on the actual date(which really, that's the best you got? a friggin date?)

go help the poor. some way some how just go help.

much bigger fish to fry party peoples.

OT = Old Testament

And I really don't give a fug if someone I'm not related to celebrates Christmas or any other holiday...