101 replies to this topic

#31 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

LOL I've actually been reading up on some more of this lately, and I have seen some new excuses from the Christian crowd...

Not only did Jesus perform all of the miracles in the Bible, but he basically time traveled back to the creation of the universe and was here before all those other guys that had such similar events in their lives...

Clearly THEY were the copycats, and our holiness Jesus (who wasn't even prophesied until the writing of the OT between approx 1500 and 400 BC mind you, which is over 1000 years AFTER the Egyptians were writing about gods and miracles) is the trendsetter because he claims firsties!

#32 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Scoff at all other religions, too, please.

#33 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Scoff at all other religions, too, please.

I do at any chance I get... it is just that I'm not surrounded by Ramadan sales, or Hanukkah bunnies, or any other religious inspired nonsense during any other part of the year... It is only Christian holidays that they are looking to make a buck off of, so it is the easiest target...

#34 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

I do at any chance I get... it is just that I'm not surrounded by Ramadan sales, or Hanukkah bunnies, or any other religious inspired nonsense during any other part of the year... It is only Christian holidays that they are looking to make a buck off of, so it is the easiest target...

"they"? please define.

#35 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

"they"? please define.

The same people that:

Adopted a slogan of "In God We Trust" and print it on money...

Accept said money in exchange for goods or services made cheaper for getting your CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ON BLACK FRIDAY ONLY!!!111one!

Bribe kids into being good because a fat man in a red suit is watching them (a parable to their own beliefs as adults)

I don't have a problem with religion, really... It is more of an intellectual problem with those who accept it as absolute truth and basically do the equivalent of throwing their hands up and abandon logic/reason when trying to get to the roots and origins of human nature...

Religion leads to so many more bad things than it does good, and it gets rather frustrating when you can't make more people see that...

#36 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

The same people that:

Adopted a slogan of "In God We Trust" and print it on money...

Accept said money in exchange for goods or services made cheaper for getting your CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ON BLACK FRIDAY ONLY!!!111one!

Bribe kids into being good because a fat man in a red suit is watching them (a parable to their own beliefs as adults)

I don't have a problem with religion, really... It is more of an intellectual problem with those who accept it as absolute truth and basically do the equivalent of throwing their hands up and abandon logic/reason when trying to get to the roots and origins of human nature...

Religion leads to so many more bad things than it does good, and it gets rather frustrating when you can't make more people see that...

It just seems that you go after Christians more than others ... of course, this time of year, it's easy pickings.

#37 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,164 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

LOL I've actually been reading up on some more of this lately, and I have seen some new excuses from the Christian crowd...

Not only did Jesus perform all of the miracles in the Bible, but he basically time traveled back to the creation of the universe and was here before all those other guys that had such similar events in their lives...

Clearly THEY were the copycats, and our holiness Jesus (who wasn't even prophesied until the writing of the OT between approx 1500 and 400 BC mind you, which is over 1000 years AFTER the Egyptians were writing about gods and miracles) is the trendsetter because he claims firsties!

and even the OT prophecies about the messiah clearly aren't talking about Jesus. You have to have Jesus filtered glasses on to think they are.

#38 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

It just seems that you go after Christians more than others ... of course, this time of year, it's easy pickings.

Yeah, when they start marketing Ramadan like they do Christmas (which I am sure g5jamz will tell you is coming soon to a country near you), I'll put The Saltman on blast mode too... ;)

FWIW, I was raised a Christian, and still give it credit for its good parts... as do I with all religions...

It is the bad parts that I have a problem with, and the adopting and commercialization of religious holidays is a drop in the bucket of those...

#39 MCP

MCP

Peace, Love, Uke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

Who cares. If you want to celebrate it, celebrate. If you don't want to, then don't.

#40 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

http://www.religious...rg/xmas_sel.htm

that has nothing to do with what I said.lol

#41 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:58 PM

and even the OT prophecies about the messiah clearly aren't talking about Jesus. You have to have Jesus filtered glasses on to think they are.

example?

#42 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

Why does anyone care WTF everybody else is doing?

I'll answer that...INSECURITY!

#43 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

You guys keep saying OT.

Is that overtime?

#44 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,661 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

hilarious

this is like saying should trophies be awarded for snipe hunting.

*mock chest beating of how someone knows more about a religious holiday than the alledged person who already celebrates it yet ends up even more self righteous than the persons they think they are mocking

heres an idea we can all agree on instead of wasting bandwidth on the actual date(which really, that's the best you got? a friggin date?)
go help the poor. some way some how just go help.
much bigger fish to fry party peoples.

#45 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

OT = Old Testament

And I really don't give a fug if someone I'm not related to celebrates Christmas or any other holiday...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.