Photo
- - - - -

Non Christians celebrating Christmas...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#25 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

negative... the X still represents the cross...

the cross was at easter. the X eliminates christ from christmas.

#26 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

You know more know that the event did not take place than if Aristotle actually existed.

You see, Aristotle actually left behind things called writings... with like, his name on it and stuff...

Everything you have is based on second/third/and even further than 4th generation oral tradition...

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:44 PM

You see, Aristotle actually left behind things called writings... with like, his name on it and stuff...

Everything you have is based on second/third/and even further than 4th generation oral tradition...

So first hand accounts (gospels) aren't legitimate...

got it.

#28 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:54 PM

So first hand accounts (gospels) aren't legitimate...

got it.

I'm not saying someone named Jesus never existed... I'm saying that the numerous similar stories about him and the similar sun worship rituals that predate his time are kind of a big coincidence... no?

#29 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

God put them there to confuse you for some reason, duh!

#30 RockECU

RockECU

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

LOL I've actually been reading up on some more of this lately, and I have seen some new excuses from the Christian crowd...

Not only did Jesus perform all of the miracles in the Bible, but he basically time traveled back to the creation of the universe and was here before all those other guys that had such similar events in their lives...

Clearly THEY were the copycats, and our holiness Jesus (who wasn't even prophesied until the writing of the OT between approx 1500 and 400 BC mind you, which is over 1000 years AFTER the Egyptians were writing about gods and miracles) is the trendsetter because he claims firsties!

#32 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Scoff at all other religions, too, please.

#33 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Scoff at all other religions, too, please.

I do at any chance I get... it is just that I'm not surrounded by Ramadan sales, or Hanukkah bunnies, or any other religious inspired nonsense during any other part of the year... It is only Christian holidays that they are looking to make a buck off of, so it is the easiest target...

#34 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

I do at any chance I get... it is just that I'm not surrounded by Ramadan sales, or Hanukkah bunnies, or any other religious inspired nonsense during any other part of the year... It is only Christian holidays that they are looking to make a buck off of, so it is the easiest target...

"they"? please define.

#35 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

Banned

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

"they"? please define.

The same people that:

Adopted a slogan of "In God We Trust" and print it on money...

Accept said money in exchange for goods or services made cheaper for getting your CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ON BLACK FRIDAY ONLY!!!111one!

Bribe kids into being good because a fat man in a red suit is watching them (a parable to their own beliefs as adults)

I don't have a problem with religion, really... It is more of an intellectual problem with those who accept it as absolute truth and basically do the equivalent of throwing their hands up and abandon logic/reason when trying to get to the roots and origins of human nature...

Religion leads to so many more bad things than it does good, and it gets rather frustrating when you can't make more people see that...

#36 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

The same people that:

Adopted a slogan of "In God We Trust" and print it on money...

Accept said money in exchange for goods or services made cheaper for getting your CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ON BLACK FRIDAY ONLY!!!111one!

Bribe kids into being good because a fat man in a red suit is watching them (a parable to their own beliefs as adults)

I don't have a problem with religion, really... It is more of an intellectual problem with those who accept it as absolute truth and basically do the equivalent of throwing their hands up and abandon logic/reason when trying to get to the roots and origins of human nature...

Religion leads to so many more bad things than it does good, and it gets rather frustrating when you can't make more people see that...

It just seems that you go after Christians more than others ... of course, this time of year, it's easy pickings.