101 replies to this topic

#91 tattoorhino

tattoorhino

Follower of Christ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

Im backing out now, just wanted to post something for old time sake. I wish everyone the best holiday ever, and I dont care what you believe, as for me and my house(if they choose to also) will thank Jesus for his wonderful blessings.

#92 Kognan

Kognan

Barbarian Representative

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

When Christian extremists start blowing up airliners and buses full of people, then I'll fear them the way some on this board seem to.

Nah, they got that type of violence out of their systems during the Crusades….

#93 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

I am not a Hindu. In fact, its probably the biggest religion I've only moderately studied.

If I lived in India, on September 1st, if the company I worked for asked everyone to voluntarily bring in some modak, or karanji for an office party, I'd gladly participate. I would not believe that celebrating Ganesh Chaturthi would make me hindu, nor would I even really care if people around me were chanting the Pranapratishhtha, or doing whatever else encompasses their rituals. I'd expect them to glorify their gods, and not be offended by it.

Of course, if the company I worked for required me to chant as well, or required me to to perform a ritualistic dance, I would be offended and probably leave the company or if there was an outlet for discrimination in their legal system, complain about it.

So... to answer this question... if people live in a country that celebrates Christmas, who cares if non-Christians celebrate or not. Why is it even an issue? It's just a festivity. It doesn't matter why people celebrate it. Hell, until your mid-20's most people celebrate Christmas because of the gifts, not any specific religious reason.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 01 December 2010 - 05:14 PM.

#94 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,500 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Say Happy whatever you believe in.
Tell me Merry Christmas.
Tel me Happy Hanukkah.
Tell me Eid Mubarak.
I don't care. You can tell me Happy Holidays if you celebrate Holiday Day.
If you don't believe in anything, then say have a nice day.
But don't be ashamed to say what you believe. Don't be afraid to just not say anything.

But above all else, don't pretend to celebrate something else because you may offend somebody. That's the most childish thing ever. United States of the Offended.

#95 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

Say Happy whatever you believe in.
Tell me Merry Christmas.
Tel me Happy Hanukkah.
Tell me Eid Mubarak.
I don't care. You can tell me Happy Holidays if you celebrate Holiday Day.
If you don't believe in anything, then say have a nice day.
But don't be ashamed to say what you believe. Don't be afraid to just not say anything.

But above all else, don't pretend to celebrate something else because you may offend somebody. That's the most childish thing ever. United States of the Offended.

As long as people are happy...who CARES?!

#96 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

It can't be Christianity, because the Bible teaches us to love God and love our fellow man.

Muslim's make the same exact claim in defense of their religion.

You are right, and they are right. Both generally promote love and good will.

Problem is both are practiced by people, who usually screw up and distort what is written to fit their small minded views.

There are good Christians. There are good Muslims. There are asshole Christians, there are asshole Muslims.

However, most Atheists are assholes.

#97 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:27 PM

Boy, I sure am glad I'm agnostic!

#98 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,483 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

I'm all for holidays and days off work. I will celebrate any holiday that keeps me out of work. So for those non-christians that enjoy Christmas, more power to them. Enjoy your days off.

#99 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

The fact is, no one knows. Anyone who says they know, whether they're Christian, Hindu, Muslim or Atheist, is an asshole.

The difference between those people and someone like me is that I don't care that I don't know. It's not important to me to know what happens after I die. I've got enough to keep me busy while I'm here on Earth.

#100 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Whatever Zod.

You agnostics are pussies. poo or get off the pot, and bring some nutsack to the next religious debate.

I aint got time for fence sittin', non-tobacco chewin, limp wristed, who knows who is right or wrong accept-alls.

:D

#101 Cover2

Cover2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:42 AM

umm christmas has pagan roots

I don't think Jesus cares about christmas.

#102 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,883 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:36 AM

:leaving:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.