• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#76 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

How many more Jake Delhomme threads do we seriously have to see?

#77 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:34 AM

--All of the following are QB's that are about the same skill-wise,
--All were good enough for ONE year-wonders, to get their teams to the Superbowl ONCE and then lost it
--None are great QB's or ever will be considered as such

Neil O'Donnell
Chris Chandler
Stan Humphries
Ken Anderson
Jake Delhomme

IMO, if we are to get back to the Superbowl, and win it next time, we need to dump the idea of the One-year wonder-boy QB and try to get a QB that can LEAD us there over and over

We need a Roethlisberger, Brady, Montana, Aikman, etc...

NO MORE POOR-BOY QB'S !!!!!

#78 PanthersFanInGA

PanthersFanInGA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:45 AM

--All were good enough for ONE year-wonders, to get their teams to the Superbowl ONCE and then lost it

Neil O'Donnell
Chris Chandler
Stan Humphries
Ken Anderson
Jake Delhomme

IMO, if we are to get back to the Superbowl, and win it next time, we need to dump the idea of the One-year wonder-boy QB and try to get a QB that can LEAD us there over and over

Carolina has always been a smashmouth football team that loves to run the ball. I highly doubt we are going to see a Tom Brady like QB on our team for a long long time if ever.
And I think calling Delhomme a "Poor-Boy QB" or one year wonder is pretty damn arrogant. If you think you can do better, go try out for QB.

Edited by GeorgiaPanther, 26 January 2009 - 02:47 AM.

#79 1789Cardiac Cats9020

1789Cardiac Cats9020

Keep it Simple Stupid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

Neil O'Donnell
Chris Chandler
Stan Humphries
Ken Anderson
Jake Delhomme

This poor boy QB has led us to the playoffs in THREE of his 4 four full seasons. Dumbest nonsense I've seen in a while

#80 17+89=6

17+89=6

The Line of Eld

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:55 AM

The fact it, Jake is a aging, sub-par Quarterback coming off Tommy John surgery who has pretty bad mechanics and makes some pretty awful mistakes. But people forget all about that because he has a 5-3 record in the playoffs. Which, if I might add, we have gotten less and less far in the playoffs each time he has taken us. I am grateful for where Jake has taken us the last 5 years, but after this season, I don't see him with the team anymore. With the running game that Carolina has, we just need a quarterback who minimizes mistakes. We need a QB who understands the game a bit more than Jake does. Sometimes it is OK to punt the ball, and Jake doesn't seem to understand that. Maybe our new QB's coach will help? Who knows.

#81 LOLLOL

LOLLOL

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

PlayMoore just has QB tenderoni fever. he wants a younger QB than Jake and nothing more. What the hell has Brady Quinn shown to make him any better than Jake?

haha these guys are fugin dumbasses

JASON CAMPBELL
THIGPEN
QUINN
ROMO
HILL
SCHAUB
EDWARDS
PALMER
CASSELL
RODGERS

what do all these QB's have in common? NONE HAVE WON A PLAYOFF GAME

you guys are fugin idiots

#82 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,265 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

I wouldn't even give Jake the honor of calling him mediocre. He's flat-out bad. Here are a list of current QBs I'd take over Jake:

Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Romo
McNabb
Jason Campbell
Eli
Kurt Warner
Shaun Hill (he and Thigpen are the most underrated QBs in the NFL)
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Cassel
Brady
Trent Edwards
Pennington
Peyton
Matt Schaub
Rivers
Cutler
Thigpen
Roethlisberger
Flacco
Carson Palmer
Brady Quinn

If there are 22 better quarterbacks than you in the league, does that even make you mediocre?

Well this post has proven that you are officially the dumbest person posting on this board.

Everyone please get off Flacco's jock. The guy was pedestrian this season. I watched both of his playoff game. He threw like 9-23 for 110 yards. The Ravens won despite Flacco,.....not becasue of him. It was their defense that was the key.

#83 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Well this post has proven that you are officially the dumbest person posting on this board.

Everyone please get off Flacco's jock. The guy was pedestrian this season. I watched both of his playoff game. He threw like 9-23 for 110 yards. The Ravens won despite Flacco,.....not becasue of him. It was their defense that was the key.

The point with flacco is that he minimized mistakes!!!! Jake does not know how to do that. Flacco knew that he had one of the top defenses in the league so he understood that it was okay to punt the ball. The result was that he didn't take very many risks because he didn't need to. If he would have, the ravens would have sucked. So would I take a qb that minimizes mistakes and has a hell of an arm that as a rookie helped lead his team to the afc championship game? yes I think I would.

#84 Munkey

Munkey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, David Carr is our only option if we want to ditch Jake now right? Only Jake can be the QB for the Panthers, there is no other pesron that can run this thing huh?

GREAT POST!

:smilielol5:

#85 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

Yeah, David Carr is our only option if we want to ditch Jake now right? Only Jake can be the QB for the Panthers, there is no other pesron that can run this thing huh?

GREAT POST!

:smilielol5:

At the moment I can't think of any...

:D

#86 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

The point with flacco is that he minimized mistakes!!!! Jake does not know how to do that. Flacco knew that he had one of the top defenses in the league so he understood that it was okay to punt the ball. The result was that he didn't take very many risks because he didn't need to. If he would have, the ravens would have sucked. So would I take a qb that minimizes mistakes and has a hell of an arm that as a rookie helped lead his team to the afc championship game? yes I think I would.

The difference is that if we punt the ball....our defense gives up points.

#87 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

Do you even watch Football

I'd say no.

#88 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

Bulger was benched.
Romo ias overrated.
Roethlisberger had a backup offensive line.
We know Favre is an intercetpion machine.

#89 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Bulger was benched.
Romo ias overrated.
Roethlisberger had a backup offensive line.
We know Favre is an intercetpion machine.

Good points. When you think about it, this season Jake Delhomme had everything required to be a successful quarterback: two good receivers, two great backs and a dependable offensive line.

#90 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,143 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

Good points. When you think about it, this season Jake Delhomme had everything required to be a successful quarterback: two good receivers, two great backs and a dependable offensive line.

Yes, and in the end, he found a way to be unsuccessful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.