Photo
- - - - -

Jake----

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#91 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

Think about it. Smith and Muhs are great recievers. Deangelow and Jon are great backs. The Panthers have a great offensive line. It's really a QB's dreamland.

#92 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Everyone please get off Flacco's jock. The guy was pedestrian this season. I watched both of his playoff game. He threw like 9-23 for 110 yards. The Ravens won despite Flacco,.....not becasue of him. It was their defense that was the key.

I've read that plot-line somewhere before...

#93 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

I've read that plot-line somewhere before...

The Panthers have NEVER won in spite of Jake come on.

He always has 4th quarter come backs, in every game.

#94 panthers1789

panthers1789

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

The Panthers have NEVER won in spite of Jake come on.

He always has 4th quarter come backs, in every game.

Your a dumbass.
Again, who would you recommend as the starter next season?

#95 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

Your a dumbass.

Make it an open competition. Oh, and bring in the local Vince Papale for good measure in TC.

#96 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Your a dumbass.

Does your mommy know you're cursing on the internet?

If you're going to call someone a dumb ass, spell you're right.

You're

Edited by Fox007, 26 January 2009 - 07:53 PM.

#97 panthers1789

panthers1789

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Does your mommy know you're cursing on the internet?

If you're going to call someone a dumb ass, spell you're right.

You're

Again, why did you avoid my question of who you think next seasons starter should be?

#98 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

Again, why did you avoid my question of who you think next seasons starter should be?

I'm not him, but I think it should be an open competition. I don't think Jake should just come in already named the starting qb for the season. If he beats out moore and mckown then let him start. However, if they look better than he does then put his @$$ on the bench. I would like to see matt moore as the starter as my sn says. However, if he got a fair shot and jake beat him out then I would be okay with that. All I want is an open competition.

#99 panthers1789

panthers1789

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

I wouldn't mind Jake being pushed, we brought in David Carr to push Jake and he played great until he got hurt.

#100 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

Because I don't take you seriously.

Resorting to personal attacks, I'm not arguing or debating with a lil kid.

#101 panthers1789

panthers1789

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Because I don't take you seriously.

Resorting to personal attacks, I'm not arguing or debating with a lil kid.

Or because you can't think of an answer.

#102 manwithcake

manwithcake

Holder of Pastry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

If we had a good quarterback, there would have been a very very possible chance that we could be gearing up for Super Bowl XLIII a week from today.

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between "very very possible," "very possible," and "possible?"

Oh, and btw, if John Fox had been the starting qb all year, a Super Bowl run would still be "possible," and even "very very possible.":rolleyes:

#103 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:02 PM

This thread is fail. 80% of posts lack coherent thought. Apparently opinions are considered facts.

Fact: Jake is a mediocre qb. Always was, always will be.

He just shouldn't have to be in a position to have to through more than 20 times in a game. It was pretty easy for Joe Flacco to minimize mistakes considering he never had to actually try to make a play. Delhomme fuged up at the beginning and it all snowballed against Arizona.

I know people aren't exactly calling for a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type of upgade at QB, but Jake isn't all that bad, he's just playing like a Rookie after surgery. His throw is off. He's been overthrowing people all year. Rip Scherer will help with that. What he needs is to get back to fundamentals. We need a running game and a solid defense. Jake isn't a problem unless you guys obsess over it. That's what The Redskins had at the beginning of the year until Clinton Portis' carries caught up with him. Sound running game, solid defense, and a quarterback that didn't need to make big throws which in turn minimized mistakes.

#104 manwithcake

manwithcake

Holder of Pastry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

Apparently opinions are considered facts.

Fact: Jake is a mediocre qb. Always was, always will be.

Um, that's an opinion not a fact, lol. Seems the lack of coherent thought you pointed out is more prevalent than you realize.

#105 j2sgam

j2sgam

cant beat the original...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,063 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:00 AM

WTF is the point if opinions arent stated and argued? Some post stats as facts to back their side up, some feel stats are meaningless. Either way, youre probably not going to change someones mind.

-The opinion of Jake being mediocre is overshadowed by the fact that the team has been in the postseason more times with him than without.
-The opinion of Jake being mediocre is confirmed with the fact that 5 int's in one game has to be one of the worst in history. Fact: 8 is the record for single game
-The opinion of Jake being mediocre is denied by the fact that I dont believe in your opinions.
-The opinion of any other quarterback looking good with Smitty catching for them is solidified by the fact that Steve Smith is a badass, through and through.

So yous can go back and forth 'til the offseason is over and yous are CarolinaBlue in the face, but the fact remains that Jake will be the starter come September.

My name is Justin, and Im a BDJS...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com