111 replies to this topic

#106 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Going to start a rehab center for BDJS. I will be rich!

#107 Blue Miz

Blue Miz

noob

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

Does'nt anyone remember
when chris weinke played like the whole friggen game and never threw a pass...

I remember that game fondly because we ran it down Atlanta's throat all day!

It was wonderful! :D

#108 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,811 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:17 AM

You can throw stat after stat for both sides of this argument.

The ones that want Jake gone don't give him the credit for getting us to the playoffs at all. The TD to Rosario in SD was luck, the 2 grabs by Smitty were luck, the drive to get us in field goal range against N.O. all LUCK. Take those three wins out and we are even discussing the Arizona game cause WE AREN'T THERE.

The ones that like Jake (count me in) won't admit he gets tunnel vision. That he is a fumble freak, coughs it up at the worst possible time. Won't admit that when severely pressured he makes mistakes. Seems the more he tries to make things happen the more he screws up.

Bottom line, we live and die with Jake. We aren't going to bring in any of the QB's on other teams to replace him. Jake is the Panthers QB until someone beats him out.

Is it time to start looking? ABSOLUTELY YES. Not that he won't be in the saddle next year but one more injury and I think Jake is done. We have 3 on the roster now, Baz, Moore and McNown. I like Moore and was at his first start against Seattle. He managed the game well and should be #2. Baz and McNown are battling for #3. Wouldn't mind using our #2 pick if a good one is there.

I think going into camp Jake is #1 but the competition should be tougher. I think that Moore, McNown and Baz should have the opportunity to seize the position. If Jake withstand the competition and wins the he'll be at the helm next season.

For the sake of some fun though. If Philly lets McNabb go, I would love to see him come compete with Jake and crew for the spot. Or maybe Micheal Vick.....just kiddin.

Go Panthers

#109 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

We have 3 on the roster now, Baz, Moore and McNown. I like Moore and was at his first start against Seattle. He managed the game well and should be #2. Baz and McNown are battling for #3. Wouldn't mind using our #2 pick if a good one is there.
Go Panthers

I swear I've seen someone else say "McNown" or "McKnown," and I just don't get it. Am I missing something, or do you just have his name wrong? :confused:

Or is it a name used by many to suggest McCown should be starting now?

#110 manwithcake

manwithcake

Holder of Pastry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

I swear I've seen someone else say "McNown" or "McKnown," and I just don't get it. Am I missing something, or do you just have his name wrong? :confused:

Or is it a name used by many to suggest McCown should be starting now?

McNown = McCown with McNabb on the brain :P

#111 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,811 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

i swear i've seen someone else say "mcnown" or "mcknown," and i just don't get it. Am i missing something, or do you just have his name wrong? :confused:

Or is it a name used by many to suggest mccown should be starting now?

my bad you are correct...you got my point though.

Thanks teacher.....

#112 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

Ill be the first to say that I think jake delhomme's time has come to really give it up and be a backup...but I also think that next year with a new quarterbacks coach developing him to make sure and practice his mechanics better he might have a chance. I think all the talk about him having a stronger arm after tommy john surgery wasnt reliable...he might have had more zip but he had bad mechanics. Look at the first couple of games the year before he went to all minicamps, all workouts and traning camp and had about 8 tds and 1-2 interceptions before he got hurt. I think that if he can be coached to work on his mechanics and be a little more patient we might see a good quarterback in Delhomme and him being in all workouts, all minicamps and training camps I think he can comeback from this bad year. I mean I honestly dont have trust in mccown or moore. I mean look what happened when we wanted david carr to play over delhomme and how good he did until he got hurt...I know its hard but lets give him one last chance and see what happens next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.