• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#196 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

wait until you get another team that just runs the ball and imposes their will on some of these teams with a high powered offense. for all the "the game is changing" talk people don't realize these discussions have been going on for a long time. running the ball effectively works. that's what richardson wants this team to do. he wants it to be a model of the steelers. if you think you have to pass it 30-40 times a game in order to stay competitive in this league, you're dreaming.

besides i'm glad to see a thread about someone that might actually be a candidate getting posted on the board. all the people that think harbaugh is coming to carolina are just going to disappoint themselves. if he doesn't stay at stanford, he's going to michigan.

i don't think you are paying attention to what the league is doing. it's pretty obvious that the league is turning into a passing league and the run game is only there to help support the pass, not the other way around.

"The game has changed, the rules have changed," he said. "I think right now, I hate to say this, but the running game is a complement. It's not the foundation that it once was. You look at the last three AFC teams that were in the Super Bowl, that's Pittsburgh, New England and Indianapolis. They're all passing teams. The running game is a complement."

you know who said this? bill cowher

even players are noticing that the rules are making it more QB friendly...

But Steelers LB James Farrior said he thinks the league wants to preserve its QBs moreso than any other players.
"I feel the owners want to protect their quarterbacks, the franchise guys, the guys making the big bucks, the guys everybody comes to see," Farrior said, via the AP.
"Those are the people who fill the stands. When you have somebody like James Harrison hitting these guys and putting a hurting on them, sometimes they don't want that. They don't want the quarterbacks hit too hard."
Baltimore Ravens LB Terrell Suggs -- who also said he thinks Harrison has been "red-flagged" -- said he thinks the NFL is most protective of marquee QBs such as Indianapolis' Peyton Manning and New England's Tom Brady.
"The league has their favorites," Suggs said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "One being in Indy and one being with that other team up north. Besides those two, everybody is fair game. Some quarterbacks are getting the calls right away. Some quarterbacks they don't care."
link

a couple good reads on historical trends and how teams that pass the ball more and more efficiently win more games than those who rely on the run.
Run-Pass Balance--A Historical Analysis

Passing = Winning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com