• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#196 Jrock3016

Jrock3016

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

There is no rule that says face of the franchise players must win a SB to be a face of that franchise. See Marino/Kelly.

Also go ask some Steelers fans who the face of their franchise is right now.
It sure ain't Rapistberger.

Point is RB's can, are, and have been the face of teams around the league.
And there is nothing wrong with that really, and it certainly doesn't mean to get rid of them in their prime.

I never said there was a rule, I made a factual statement about teams whom you said their franchise players was the RB. The league defines success of a team by the number of championships they bring in and go to. Then you turn around and name two QBs who did not win a championship...It happens sometimes. But see..Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Bret Farve, John Elway, Joe Montana, Steve Young, and the list goes on and on and on.

Next, Roethisberger or what ever name you want to call him is going to have mixed views now. Well what about during the time that I'm speaking of. Plus who cares what their fans think. Like we actually get to choose who our franchise player is.

#197 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,080 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

I Feel bad for the guy, clearly he wants to stay a Panther, but at the same time we have better talent like Goodson and Stewart.

#198 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

I Feel bad for the guy, clearly he wants to stay a Panther, but at the same time we have better talent like Goodson and Stewart.

If you think ether of those players are more talented than D-Will then you're an idiot.

Stewart is not as effective as Williams, he is a change of pace back, great power runner.

Goodson has potential, but has only had 2 good games and 1 decent game. To write him off as better than a Top 5 NFL back is idiotic.

You sir clearly do not know football.

#199 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

I hope we retain DWill + Skipper. One thing that cannot be denied is that we have great RBs. While they are great talents, they are obviously very well coached. I'm worried that when Fox goes, he'll take Skipper and DWill with him.

Hopefully whomever comes here respects what the run game has done and retains Skipper as well as DWill. With the possibility of an 18-game season being very real and a 65-man roster to go with it, there is zero reason to not believe that the team will retain four RBs, especially with the talent that we have.

#200 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

I hope we retain DWill + Skipper. One thing that cannot be denied is that we have great RBs. While they are great talents, they are obviously very well coached. I'm worried that when Fox goes, he'll take Skipper and DWill with him.

Hopefully whomever comes here respects what the run game has done and retains Skipper as well as DWill. With the possibility of an 18-game season being very real and a 65-man roster to go with it, there is zero reason to not believe that the team will retain four RBs, especially with the talent that we have.

Agreed.

Skipper is John Fox's pride and joy of his first legitimate proven staff member.

#201 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,080 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:34 PM

If you think ether of those players are more talented than D-Will then you're an idiot.

Stewart is not as effective as Williams, he is a change of pace back, great power runner.

Goodson has potential, but has only had 2 good games and 1 decent game. To write him off as better than a Top 5 NFL back is idiotic.

You sir clearly do not know football.

Didn't mean to say 'Better talent' I meant potential talent. To make up for Williams if he gets released.

#202 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,210 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Not tryin to argue or anything but its funny that off the top of my head, non of them won championships. Except for Bettis which came after Roethlisberger (one of the Steeler's current franchise players) was drafted. And Aikman was their franchise qb. Emmit won 0 without Aikman and Irving.

Shaun Alaxander
Jammal Lewis
Marshall Faulk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.