Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stadium sharing by the Bay?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

NFL asks 49ers, Raiders to look into stadium sharing

With both Bay Area NFL teams looking for and failing to find new stadiums in a rough economic climate, the NFL is asking the 49ers and Raiders to discuss joining forces to construct a new venue to house each team.

“The NFL has encouraged us to explore the possibility of a two-team facility to address the economics” of building a new stadium, 49ers president Jed York said in an interview with MediaNews this week. “I think it’s important you look at all of your options. If that’s a possibility, that’s certainly something we’ll explore.”

Take a moment and try to imagine sharing space with these guys.

raider-shadinger.jpg

Posted

I think it HAS to happen.

The current economic dynamics are so strong that creative solutions are needed all over the place.

Posted

perhaps if times are that tough, they just stay in their current locations until times get better!!!!!

Posted

I wouldn't put it past old Al to pack up and move south...again

Posted

I wouldn't put it past old Al to pack up and move south...again

Al Davis, the Raiders and their fans are not welcome in SoCal. :cool:

Posted

perhaps if times are that tough, they just stay in their current locations until times get better!!!!!

You would think that the owners of these two teams would realize this same thing...

Posted

What would happen to the Coliseum then, I assume it'd be pulled down what with the A's moving.

Posted

... and perhaps if they played better.