132 replies to this topic

#61 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,499 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

We do whateverthehell Harbaugh thinks we should do with him.
And like it.

#62 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,921 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

Question 3:

What if Harbaugh wants Jake Delhomme as his mentor? :D

#63 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

Question 4:

What if monkeys fly outta Scot's butt?

(You poo stirrer you... :lol:)

#64 SteveSmithTD89

SteveSmithTD89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:24 AM

He was but signed an extension. Peyton and the Colts decided to wait until after the year. No doubt he will still be a Colt but if you were shooting for the moon Peyton is the guy. No big deal, it happens.
:cheers2:

hahah yeah bro. I was just teasing around lol, we both were. You just said Orton was the best available and I said I wanted Peyton lol. No harm no foul. We're all good here. :D

#65 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

hahah yeah bro. I was just teasing around lol, we both were. You just said Orton was the best available and I said I wanted Peyton lol. No harm no foul. We're all good here. :D

:cheers2:

#66 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

Let's say the dream comes true and we get both.

Do you start Luck in his rookie season or sit him behind a vet for a year?

He will most certainly need time to transition to the speed of the pros (they all do) but with that said, who knows Harbaugh's offense better than Luck?

So...start him or sit him? And what's your rationale?

You honestly never know. some guys fold and some guys like Bradford blossom starting as a rookie. I say if we have harbaugh that helps, but overall Luck has his poo together so I say start him.

We have a good OL when healthy, a good running game when healthy. I want to see JR spend some bucks on a quality #2 WR and a TE worth a damn.

#67 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

You honestly never know. some guys fold and some guys like Bradford blossom starting as a rookie. I say if we have harbaugh that helps, but overall Luck has his poo together so I say start him.

We have a good OL when healthy, a good running game when healthy. I want to see JR spend some bucks on a quality #2 WR and a TE worth a damn.

I agree with you, but we need a #1.. Let Smitty take #2 and the rookies earn their place in a system that adapts to their ability..

our best bet for that #1 may have been last offseason..

#68 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:16 AM

I'm fine with letting Gettis, LaFell, and Smitty compete for the #1, 2, and 3 WR spots.

I especially like the idea with with Smitty in the slot or a young stud TE rumbling and bumbling in the secondary.

I'm glad we didn't sign any offseason WRs. What good would they have done us? Can anybody here honestly claim that if we had signed Housh, TO, Boldin, etc that we would be in playoff contention right now as opposed to 1-10?

Let the kids play.

#69 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

I'm fine with letting Gettis, LaFell, and Smitty compete for the #1, 2, and 3 WR spots.

I especially like the idea with with Smitty in the slot or a young stud TE rumbling and bumbling in the secondary.

I'm glad we didn't sign any offseason WRs. What good would they have done us? Can anybody here honestly claim that if we had signed Housh, TO, Boldin, etc that we would be in playoff contention right now as opposed to 1-10?

Let the kids play.

It seems to me that everyone thinks signing a WR this past offseason would have only been beneficial if we were competing for a Superbowl..

#70 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:38 AM

It seems to me that everyone thinks signing a WR this past offseason would have only been beneficial if we were competing for a Superbowl..

What else could they really have done though?

Steve Smith is here. We have a veteran WR. While he isn't going to mentor these guys, he will hold them to expectations. Why drop millions for a guy like Housh who has done nothing all season but bitch about not being targeted enough?

TO... no. Please :/

Boldin I could've seen, but in a season that was all about clearing cap space, no dice. I'm pretty sure Baltimore was more attractive as well: established QB, RB, great D, solid TE option, and a competent #2 WR.

#71 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,143 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:56 AM

What else could they really have done though?

Steve Smith is here. We have a veteran WR. While he isn't going to mentor these guys, he will hold them to expectations. Why drop millions for a guy like Housh who has done nothing all season but bitch about not being targeted enough?

TO... no. Please :/

Boldin I could've seen, but in a season that was all about clearing cap space, no dice. I'm pretty sure Baltimore was more attractive as well: established QB, RB, great D, solid TE option, and a competent #2 WR.

Housh was nearly free.. we could have brought him in for a year and paid him about the same as most rookies.. but that's another issue..

really, who knows how things would have turned out.. you're right, I'm sure Baltimore was a lot more attractive..

but Bolden would have brought talent and leadership here for years.. so no one should really be talking about him as a 1 year quick-fix... if it did happen, we would have lost LaFell in the draft.. or we could have traded down for him instead of AE.. however someone feels like viewing the circumstances.. even so, Bolden for LaFell? I would take that...

Marshall could have been possible.. but who really knows how that would have went.. I know he shows up and plays (when healthy) and is 1 of the more dominant receivers in the league..

and perhaps I need to look at a new list of WRs available this offseason, but last year, I didn't see any with the talent we could have at least attempted to obtain..

#72 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,626 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:03 AM

Let's say the dream comes true and we get both.

Do you start Luck in his rookie season or sit him behind a vet for a year?

He will most certainly need time to transition to the speed of the pros (they all do) but with that said, who knows Harbaugh's offense better than Luck?

So...start him or sit him? And what's your rationale?

start him

we'll still have a good offensive line to block for him, a receiving core featuring smith, at least one very good running back, and if we make a play for a good all around TE we've got an offense that can produce with a young QB. not a fan at all of starting the "stop gap" veteran unless it's like kurt warner

#73 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,626 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:05 AM

oh and far into the 2nd half of the nfl season if you're still defending the FO's decision to starve the offense of veteran WR talent besides Smith, well...

#74 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

If Luck is the guy he starts as a rookie, especially if Harbaugh is coaching.

I'm all for this combo:

Posted Image

#75 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

That sig is epic.

I want to steal it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.