Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam Newton????????

96 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm hearing alot of chants for Luck,Mallet,and Locker.

I havent heard One person mention the name of Cam Newton.

It seems to me he has the most upside of any player in the draft and maybe the strongest arm. Not to say Luck isn't great but I havent been hearing good things about his deep ball.

I just dont want to end up with clausen 2.0 with a arm like chad pennington.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It seems to me he has the most upside of any player in the draft and maybe the strongest arm. Not to say Luck isn't great but I havent been hearing good things about his deep ball.

I suggest you actually watch the games before you post. :idea:

And the rest of us don't want a qb with a brain as small as yours.

Posted · Report post

I will also add Andrew Luck is only a sophomore and plays against Pac-10 defenses which arent known for being great. Im also trying to remember the last great underclassman QB to come out of the Pac 10. I think Luck is gonna be a good player, but if he comes here he wont. He's already being set up for failure by our fanbase being compared to guys like Brady & Manning.

Posted · Report post

I will also add Andrew Luck is only a sophomore and plays against Pac-10 defenses which arent known for being great. Im also trying to remember the last great underclassman QB to come out of the Pac 10. I think Luck is gonna be a good player, but if he comes here he wont. He's already being set up for failure by our fanbase being compared to guys like Brady & Manning.

Right as opposed to a QB who plays in an offense taylor made to make him look good.

Posted · Report post

Mark Sanchez

Posted · Report post

Mark Sanchez

I thought of him. The only one who's had success recently up outta there. I wouldnt call him great yet though.

Posted · Report post

He's already being set up for failure by our fanbase being compared to guys like Brady & Manning.

I thought our fanbase was supposed to be one that doesn't demand great quarterback play - are you now saying we aren't patient enough with QBs?

Posted · Report post

Aaron Rodgers.....

Posted · Report post

Matt Moore

Posted · Report post

Matt Moore

lol

Posted · Report post

you can say that about SEC qbs as well. chris leak, The Golden Calf of Bristol, jamarcus russel, matt flynn, perriloux, jason cambell....the list goes on.

Luck runs a pro style offense, with a head coach who played nfl quarterback succesfully, and has all the makings of a very good qb. he has the physical tools, hes from stanford, hes smart etc etc