Photo
- - - - -

Cam Newton????????

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#1 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

I'm hearing alot of chants for Luck,Mallet,and Locker.
I havent heard One person mention the name of Cam Newton.
It seems to me he has the most upside of any player in the draft and maybe the strongest arm. Not to say Luck isn't great but I havent been hearing good things about his deep ball.
I just dont want to end up with clausen 2.0 with a arm like chad pennington.

#2 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • 48,007 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

http://www.carolinah...cam-newton.html

#3 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

It seems to me he has the most upside of any player in the draft and maybe the strongest arm. Not to say Luck isn't great but I havent been hearing good things about his deep ball.

I suggest you actually watch the games before you post. :idea:

And the rest of us don't want a qb with a brain as small as yours.

#4 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

I will also add Andrew Luck is only a sophomore and plays against Pac-10 defenses which arent known for being great. Im also trying to remember the last great underclassman QB to come out of the Pac 10. I think Luck is gonna be a good player, but if he comes here he wont. He's already being set up for failure by our fanbase being compared to guys like Brady & Manning.

#5 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

I will also add Andrew Luck is only a sophomore and plays against Pac-10 defenses which arent known for being great. Im also trying to remember the last great underclassman QB to come out of the Pac 10. I think Luck is gonna be a good player, but if he comes here he wont. He's already being set up for failure by our fanbase being compared to guys like Brady & Manning.

Right as opposed to a QB who plays in an offense taylor made to make him look good.

#6 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

Mark Sanchez

#7 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:42 AM

Mark Sanchez

I thought of him. The only one who's had success recently up outta there. I wouldnt call him great yet though.

#8 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

He's already being set up for failure by our fanbase being compared to guys like Brady & Manning.

I thought our fanbase was supposed to be one that doesn't demand great quarterback play - are you now saying we aren't patient enough with QBs?

#9 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

Aaron Rodgers.....

#10 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

Matt Moore

#11 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

Matt Moore

lol

#12 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

you can say that about SEC qbs as well. chris leak, The Golden Calf of Bristol, jamarcus russel, matt flynn, perriloux, jason cambell....the list goes on.

Luck runs a pro style offense, with a head coach who played nfl quarterback succesfully, and has all the makings of a very good qb. he has the physical tools, hes from stanford, hes smart etc etc

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

not all underclassmen, but the PAC10 is kind of underrated when it comes to QBs coming out. currently they have these guys starting: sanchez, palmer (had a good run i'd say before injuries), aaron rodgers, matt cassel.

right now the Pac10 has more QBs starting for them than other conferences except for maybe the ACC.

SEC has the manning boys, cutler, and stafford. for such a tough conference, you would think they would have more QBs starting.

#14 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:39 PM

I suggest you actually watch the games before you post. :idea:

And the rest of us don't want a qb with a brain as small as yours.

You might wanna check more game film before u flame...the only questions about luck are his arm strength.
When anyone asks about lucks arm strength the answer that come up is always meh...or its ok

#15 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

not all underclassmen, but the PAC10 is kind of underrated when it comes to QBs coming out. currently they have these guys starting: sanchez, palmer (had a good run i'd say before injuries), aaron rodgers, matt cassel.

right now the Pac10 has more QBs starting for them than other conferences except for maybe the ACC.

SEC has the manning boys, cutler, and stafford. for such a tough conference, you would think they would have more QBs starting.

Pac-10 actually has six current starters, although the extra one is forgettable (Derek Anderson). You could argue that they would have 7 if Matt Moore was healthy.

Jason Campbell is the only other SEC guy and he's been off and on starting this year.

ACC and Big 10 have 5 currently (Ryan, Vick, Schaub, Hasselbeck, Rivers)
(Brady, Brees, Orton, Henne, and Troy Smith)

Just as recently as the beginning of last year, the knock against Sam Bradford was that there were no starters in the NFL from the Big 12. So I don't buy the whole argument that a guy's conference is the maker of what he will or won't be. By the way, there is a pretty decent QB that came out of Stanford named John Elway.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com