Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gruden to "The U" rumors are heating up...again.

29 posts in this topic

Posted

A couple of days ago when the rumors first started, they blew up twitter, until Peter King shot the down. Well now they have started back up;

Manny_Navarro (from the Miami Herald)

Canesport.com reporting that barring a last minute glitch Gruden to #UM is a done deal. Stay tuned.
At the end of the day, its all speculation, but this one isn't going away any time soon. I don't see how Gruden passes up an NFL job at the end of this season for college, even if its at Miami.

Posted

A couple of days ago when the rumors first started, they blew up twitter, until Peter King shot the down. Well now they have started back up;

Manny_Navarro (from the Miami Herald)

At the end of the day, its all speculation, but this one isn't going away any time soon. I don't see how Gruden passes up an NFL job at the end of this season for college, even if its at Miami.

why not? endless supply of "1st rd picks" (blue chips)

south beach

no state income tax

full control

huge talent pool

hes gotten to the top in the nfl

and ftr, from my people i know in south florida......gruden is coming. hes bringing his brother jay gruden as OC and former USF coach Jim Leavitt as DC

Posted

Don't do it John! Some team from the NFL will come calling soon.

Posted

i would love to see this.

Posted

I wouldn't mind seeing it either. I just think hes going to listen to the NFL first.

Posted

do it jon come to the U.....you can start a legacy

Posted

I think it would be good for Gruden and for Miami

Plus the players aren't there long enough for Gruden to get under their skin like in the pros

Posted

why not? endless supply of "1st rd picks" (blue chips)

south beach

no state income tax

full control

huge talent pool

hes gotten to the top in the nfl

and ftr, from my people i know in south florida......gruden is coming. hes bringing his brother jay gruden as OC and former USF coach Jim Leavitt as DC

I don't see how the 'U' could possibly afford to pay all those guys.

Posted

Miami has been among the nation's leaders in academic success by its football program, and the off-the-field reputation has been cleaned up considerably.

Obviously grades and reputation are of no concern to the AD at Miami. Who wants a job with the stadium miles away and no alumni support?

Posted

Obviously grades and reputation are of no concern to the AD at Miami. Who wants a job with the stadium miles away and no alumni support?

Erm - that's the reason they hired Shannon, he's a hard task master. He cleaned up the programme and improved graduation rates.

However, at the end of the day, it's all about money. Money comes from winning games (and selling out games) - something the 'Canes haven't been doing recently.

Posted

God; I hope he does go to the 'U'! That would finally put an end to that the crazy talk about him coming here! We are bad enough as it is, I would rather not be terrible for the next decade!