Photo
- - - - -

Collins promised the starting job in Tennessee

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:32 PM

Per Chris Mortensen...

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Titans want to re-sign quarterback Kerry Collins and keep him as the starter next year.

Titans want Collins back as a starter

#2 Jerkyboy

Jerkyboy

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:40 PM

Per Chris Mortensen...

Titans want Collins back as a starter

Good he deserves it. Even though Young folded, if he got it all back together that would be a scary ass team with a mobile qb like him and those rb's, and defense.

#3 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

FISHER GIVES COLLINS REASSURANCE

Posted by Sheil Kapadia on January 25, 2009, 3:17 p.m.
Jeff Fisher has made it clear to Kerry Collins that he wants him back as the starter in 2009, but the Titans have not yet started negotiations with the free-agent quarterback, a team source tells ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.
Earlier this month, Collins said he’d retire if he couldn’t find a starting job.
“I made my case known, that I’d like to be here and feel that I can be a part of several more good seasons,” Collins told The Tennessean. “I have several good years left in me, I know that. I will pack up and go somewhere else. I don’t want to, but that’s the reality of this business. . . . I am a starter in this league and if nothing materializes that way I will retire.’’
Another interesting note from Mortensen is that Tennessee is high on Chris Simms and wants to re-sign him. A report in the Chicago Sun
--------------------

Chris Simms, what of Vince Young. Trade bait???

#4 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

Good news for Vince Young. Sitting back and learning the QB position is the best thing that can happen for him right now. And Collins deserves to be the starter right now so its a no brainer IMO.

#5 JoCoLoco

JoCoLoco

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

Completely agree. I think that the longer the "mobile QB" fad drags on, the more they seem to rush these guys onto the field. Teams want to start them from day 1 to get the most out of the few years they're at their athletic peak.

#6 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:39 AM

Vince is garbage. He's never "had it", so there's no way for him to get it together.

The team was winning despite his poor performance. Collins came in; eliminated the mistakes and you saw what happened.

#7 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

Young has all the god given athletic ability in the world, but not a single ounce of smarts.

#8 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

Young has all the god given athletic ability in the world, but not a single ounce of smarts.

Black QBs dont have smarts. He should be moved to WR. Im still shocked how he took his team to the playoffs his rookie year. Overcoming his stupidity had to be tough on the Titans. At WR he can just go with his natural instincts and wont have to think too much.

#9 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

Black QBs dont have smarts. He should be moved to WR. Im still shocked how he took his team to the playoffs his rookie year. Overcoming his stupidity had to be tough on the Titans. At WR he can just go with his natural instincts and wont have to think too much.

HAHAHAH funny you say that.

I would say the exact same thing for Ryan Leaf, and Jeff George.

Wow you are quick with the racial stuff today.

#10 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

HAHAHAH funny you say that.

I would say the exact same thing for Ryan Leaf, and Jeff George.

Wow you are quick with the racial stuff today.

Id say the same thing for Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick, Daunte Culpepper, Pat White. They just arent smart enough to play QB in the NFL.

#11 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

Id say the same thing for Donovan McNabb, Mike Vick, Daunte Culpepper, Pat White. They just arent smart enough to play QB in the NFL.

McNabb and Culpepper are certainly smart enough.

But what about Troy Smith, Garrard, and Leftwich?

#12 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

McNabb and Culpepper are certainly smart enough.

But what about Troy Smith, Garrard, and Leftwich?

Smith & Leftwich dont start, not smart enough. Garrard is just like Vince, a one year wonder. He should be moved to WR, and Del Rio should move Matt Jones to his natural position of QB. I hope the Panthers never ever get a starting black QB. :cool:

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,718 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:48 AM

Smith & Leftwich dont start, not smart enough. Garrard is just like Vince, a one year wonder. He should be moved to WR, and Del Rio should move Matt Jones to his natural position of QB. I hope the Panthers never ever get a starting black QB. :cool:

I want Warren Moon.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com