Photo
- - - - -

Our Third Year Players

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#31 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

Godfrey created more turnovers than anyone on the current roster did last season...

1 interception and 4 forced fumbles? I must admit I meant interceptions when I wrote that before, however...

Beason had 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble and recovered 2 fumbles
Marshall had 4 interceptions and recovered 2 fumbles
Gamble had 4 interceptions
Martin had 3 interceptions and 1 forced fumble

Then add in the guys who have left such as Pep & Harris and we have covered virtually every starting skill position on the defence.

Godfrey wasn't a turnover machine, none of our players were, in fact they all contributed in that regard much as each other. If it weren't for his surge in the final 4 starts after his injury, he likely would have lost his starting job completely.

Those four games were pretty good, but when you have 2565 snaps under your belt for the defence, you need to have produced more than just 4 good games. As I said before, his awful and poor games FAR outweigh the good games he has had.

#32 Baschski

Baschski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

1 interception and 4 forced fumbles? I must admit I meant interceptions when I wrote that before, however...

Beason had 3 interceptions, 1 forced fumble and recovered 2 fumbles
Marshall had 4 interceptions and recovered 2 fumbles
Gamble had 4 interceptions
Martin had 3 interceptions and 1 forced fumble

Then add in the guys who have left such as Pep & Harris and we have covered virtually every starting skill position on the defence.

Godfrey wasn't a turnover machine, none of our players were, in fact they all contributed in that regard much as each other. If it weren't for his surge in the final 4 starts after his injury, he likely would have lost his starting job completely.

Those four games were pretty good, but when you have 2565 snaps under your belt for the defence, you need to have produced more than just 4 good games. As I said before, his awful and poor games FAR outweigh the good games he has had.

A fumble recovery isn't a forced turnover. Godfrey still had more than anyone besides Pep last season.

#33 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:00 PM

A fumble recovery isn't a forced turnover. Godfrey still had more than anyone besides Pep last season.

And a forced fumble isn't a turnover until it's picked up by our team... Apples to oranges mate, they both go hand in hand.