Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The church I attend

152 posts in this topic

Posted

made me proud.

So lets just say we are not in the greatest financial shape when compared to other places of worship in the area. So when we were recently approached by the Boys Scouts of America to rent some space we rejected them because of their stance on gays within their organization.

Just thought I'd brag.

Posted

you're not Catholic are you?

Posted

I'm Catholic like I'm Irish. It's part of who I am/was.

Posted

So that's a yes?

Posted

That's a culturally I am an Irish Catholic. :)

I do not go to Mass unless it's with my parents.

Posted

Ok...just find a bit of irony there.

1 person likes this

Posted

How so?

It's how I was brought up.

Posted

made me proud.

So lets just say we are not in the greatest financial shape when compared to other places of worship in the area. So when we were recently approached by the Boys Scouts of America to rent some space we rejected them because of their stance on gays within their organization.

Just thought I'd brag.

Are you talking about the membership controversies?

Posted

Are you talking about the membership controversies?
Yep. It would be a bit hypocritical to take money from them but not allow the Lesbian couple in the congregation who adopted kids to participate.

Posted

So you're proud of your church because they have a stand on not discriminating against homosexual behavior... I see...

So let me ask you this: Would your church allow someone who only wears see-through clothing, to attend your services?

Edit:

Here's an example...

If Kate Moss where to show up for Sunday services in this... someone wouldn't ask her to leave?

KateMossSeeThrough.jpg

Posted

So you're proud of your church because they have a stand on not discriminating against homosexual behavior... I see...

So let me ask you this: Would your church allow someone who only wears see-through clothing, to attend your services?

Edit:

Here's an example...

If Kate Moss where to show up for Sunday services in this... someone wouldn't ask her to leave?

KateMossSeeThrough.jpg

I think the irony G5 referred to was a reference to the pedophile priest controversies.

Posted

But ...

The Catholic Church opposes gay marriage and the social acceptance of homosexuality and same-sex relationships, but teaches that homosexual persons deserve respect, justice and pastoral care. The Vatican and Pope John Paul II are speaking out against the growing number of places that recognize same-sex marriages.

Isn't that sort of a pot-kettle thing? What am I missing?