Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NCAA: Cam Newton is eligible

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think confused is the correct term....

funny-pictures-one-cat-is-mad.jpg

Posted

funny-pictures-one-cat-is-mad.jpg

Not mad just wish that all schools were treated equally with infractions. But unfortunately this is how I assumed it would go down....

I think the best term for it would be disgusted. I'm disgusted that the NCAA spent five years trying to find anything and everything to hammer the SC program and they spend less then a month to say "nope, nothing to see here" at Auburn (which was a much more severe allegation). The 'AA had their agents practically living at Heritage Hall for the better part of four years. They even retroactively reversed O.J. Mayo's eligibility after their investigators deemed he was eligible before he even set foot on campus. They checked out all the issues with Tim Floyd and Mayo and said yea you're fine don't worry about it and then two years later changed their minds....But like I said I assumed it would go down like this so I'm certainly not surprised at all....

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll agree that the NCAA dropped the ball as far as precedent goes, but in all honesty, they screwed up the SoCal situation. They definitely made the right call, but in hindsight, SoCal should have never gotten in trouble. There is no evidence that Cam knew anything. He denied any involvement and Cecil said Cam knew nothing about it. There is no proof to the contrary, so this panned out right. At least it is done, and we will be able to see Cam for AT LEAST one more week in an Auburn uniform! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Posted

I'll agree that the NCAA dropped the ball as far as precedent goes, but in all honesty, they screwed up the SoCal situation. They definitely made the right call, but in hindsight, SoCal should have never gotten in trouble. There is no evidence that Cam knew anything. He denied any involvement and Cecil said Cam knew nothing about it. There is no proof to the contrary, so this panned out right. At least it is done, and we will be able to see Cam for AT LEAST one more week in an Auburn uniform! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I agree Cam should never be held responsible if it's true that he never knew of his fathers pay for play scheme. While I find it hard to believe he didn't know about it there certainly isn't evidence to suggest he did. But you will have to forgive me for rooting for USC East and hoping they beat Auburn by 50 on Saturday. I think Cam is a tremendous athlete and I love watching him play but the way the two situations were handled makes me want to see Auburn go down in flames....

Posted

Devon Ramsey gets banned for life for allegedly getting too much help on one paper he wrote (out of many other papers where they found nothing wrong), while Cam Newton's dad is acting directly as an agent and asking for 5 figures for his LOI, and he's perfectly fine.

Something is definitely wrong here.

Posted

Devon Ramsey gets banned for life for allegedly getting too much help on one paper he wrote (out of many other papers where they found nothing wrong), while Cam Newton's dad is acting directly as an agent and asking for 5 figures for his LOI, and he's perfectly fine.

Something is definitely wrong here.

Like I said if it's true Cam knew nothing then I agree with this decision. Kids and the schools they attend can't be expected to be responsible for their parents who are sometimes hundreds of miles away. But this really doesn't surprise me the 'AA has made more then a few idiotic decisions.....

They banned a college baseball player who wrote a book about surviving brain cancer, because that book made money.

They banned a college football player because he got sponsored to be on the US Olympic team for skiing - an entirely unrelated sport.

They banned a college basketball player because he posed in a calendar for a charity.

They sanctioned a coach for buying $20 worth of groceries for a player whose meal plan hadn't started yet.

These are just several examples btw....

Posted

Like I said if it's true Cam knew nothing then I agree with this decision. Kids and the schools they attend can't be expected to be responsible for their parents who are sometimes hundreds of miles away. But this really doesn't surprise me the 'AA has made more then a few idiotic decisions.....

They banned a college baseball player who wrote a book about surviving brain cancer, because that book made money.

They banned a college football player because he got sponsored to be on the US Olympic team for skiing - an entirely unrelated sport.

They banned a college basketball player because he posed in a calendar for a charity.

They sanctioned a coach for buying $20 worth of groceries for a player whose meal plan hadn't started yet.

These are just several examples btw....

The NCAA needs to revamp their whole rule book on things like this. I mean, most of those aren't even selfish in the least. Posing for charity, helping out a hungry player, those are just good deeds...and they got sanctioned for it. STUPID! People wonder why the world has become selfish and crude. That is why. Sure, if those things KEEP happening, and kids are being treated unfairly, then yeah, sanctions are in order. But you can't punish a person for being a GOOD person.

Ramsay shouldn't be in trouble either. Stupid. You have to tip toe through the tulips for those dumbasses in the NCAA.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah I have trouble buying that Cam knew nothing about it, though I would believe he shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of his father.

My exact thoughts and i'm glad they finally resolved the situation.

1 person likes this

Posted

One of the illegal benefits listed in a UNC document, was $20 that Hakeem Nicks gave to an unnamed player. Also, somehow a couple of players ran tabs in the thousands of dollars by sleeping at somebody's house and eating their food. I guess they were serving $600 steaks.

Posted

Alright well if we win, they can't use the excuse of Cam Newton not being there.

Posted

Just think of the precedent they're setting. They just told every parent of a highly recruited HS football player that it's OK to ask for money to sign their kid, so long as you make sure the kid can't be traced to the transaction. Brilliant!

Posted

This ruling is an absolute joke. Every penalty the NCAA has laid down, in any sport, should be overturned immediately. You have one of the most crooked situations in NCAA history...think about it, this is much worse than a player using an agent...and they have swept it under the rug to protect their BCS title game and the Heisman Trophy.