50 replies to this topic

#16 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

I'll agree that the NCAA dropped the ball as far as precedent goes, but in all honesty, they screwed up the SoCal situation. They definitely made the right call, but in hindsight, SoCal should have never gotten in trouble. There is no evidence that Cam knew anything. He denied any involvement and Cecil said Cam knew nothing about it. There is no proof to the contrary, so this panned out right. At least it is done, and we will be able to see Cam for AT LEAST one more week in an Auburn uniform! WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I agree Cam should never be held responsible if it's true that he never knew of his fathers pay for play scheme. While I find it hard to believe he didn't know about it there certainly isn't evidence to suggest he did. But you will have to forgive me for rooting for USC East and hoping they beat Auburn by 50 on Saturday. I think Cam is a tremendous athlete and I love watching him play but the way the two situations were handled makes me want to see Auburn go down in flames....

#17 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

Devon Ramsey gets banned for life for allegedly getting too much help on one paper he wrote (out of many other papers where they found nothing wrong), while Cam Newton's dad is acting directly as an agent and asking for 5 figures for his LOI, and he's perfectly fine.

Something is definitely wrong here.

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Devon Ramsey gets banned for life for allegedly getting too much help on one paper he wrote (out of many other papers where they found nothing wrong), while Cam Newton's dad is acting directly as an agent and asking for 5 figures for his LOI, and he's perfectly fine.

Something is definitely wrong here.

Like I said if it's true Cam knew nothing then I agree with this decision. Kids and the schools they attend can't be expected to be responsible for their parents who are sometimes hundreds of miles away. But this really doesn't surprise me the 'AA has made more then a few idiotic decisions.....

They banned a college baseball player who wrote a book about surviving brain cancer, because that book made money.

They banned a college football player because he got sponsored to be on the US Olympic team for skiing - an entirely unrelated sport.

They banned a college basketball player because he posed in a calendar for a charity.

They sanctioned a coach for buying $20 worth of groceries for a player whose meal plan hadn't started yet.

These are just several examples btw....

Edited by C42[)14C C47, 01 December 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#19 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

Like I said if it's true Cam knew nothing then I agree with this decision. Kids and the schools they attend can't be expected to be responsible for their parents who are sometimes hundreds of miles away. But this really doesn't surprise me the 'AA has made more then a few idiotic decisions.....

They banned a college baseball player who wrote a book about surviving brain cancer, because that book made money.

They banned a college football player because he got sponsored to be on the US Olympic team for skiing - an entirely unrelated sport.

They banned a college basketball player because he posed in a calendar for a charity.

They sanctioned a coach for buying $20 worth of groceries for a player whose meal plan hadn't started yet.

These are just several examples btw....

The NCAA needs to revamp their whole rule book on things like this. I mean, most of those aren't even selfish in the least. Posing for charity, helping out a hungry player, those are just good deeds...and they got sanctioned for it. STUPID! People wonder why the world has become selfish and crude. That is why. Sure, if those things KEEP happening, and kids are being treated unfairly, then yeah, sanctions are in order. But you can't punish a person for being a GOOD person.

Ramsay shouldn't be in trouble either. Stupid. You have to tip toe through the tulips for those dumbasses in the NCAA.

#20 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

yeah I have trouble buying that Cam knew nothing about it, though I would believe he shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of his father.

My exact thoughts and i'm glad they finally resolved the situation.

#21 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

One of the illegal benefits listed in a UNC document, was $20 that Hakeem Nicks gave to an unnamed player. Also, somehow a couple of players ran tabs in the thousands of dollars by sleeping at somebody's house and eating their food. I guess they were serving $600 steaks.

#22 PantherFan89

PantherFan89

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Alright well if we win, they can't use the excuse of Cam Newton not being there.

#23 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Just think of the precedent they're setting. They just told every parent of a highly recruited HS football player that it's OK to ask for money to sign their kid, so long as you make sure the kid can't be traced to the transaction. Brilliant!

#24 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

This ruling is an absolute joke. Every penalty the NCAA has laid down, in any sport, should be overturned immediately. You have one of the most crooked situations in NCAA history...think about it, this is much worse than a player using an agent...and they have swept it under the rug to protect their BCS title game and the Heisman Trophy.

#25 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,479 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:07 AM

TV ratings are a good thing.

#26 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

:lol:

I love this thread. Thank you guys for the responses.

#27 FreeDrinkMafia

FreeDrinkMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:31 AM

No money switched hands with MSU and AU left no trail if anything went down. They are clean.

#28 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:26 AM

Cam knew nothing...yeah right. I hope S. Carolina and Oregon St. both win, leaving the NCAA with a TCU/Stanford CG.

I hope Cam wins the Heisman, so his crookedass daddy can sell it. Praise the lord and pass the loot!

#29 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:48 AM

One of the illegal benefits listed in a UNC document, was $20 that Hakeem Nicks gave to an unnamed player. Also, somehow a couple of players ran tabs in the thousands of dollars by sleeping at somebody's house and eating their food. I guess they were serving $600 steaks.

Obviously telling the truth gets ya busted and just think if the Carolina players that got raked over the coals for a couple of "G's" had just followed Cecil's lead.

Butch Davis does the right thing and is labeled a "cheater" and If the NCAA allows this clown to continue to play it would be an embarrasment to the entire sport.

#30 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

The investigation isn't over is it? I think they are just saying right now he is eligible, because didn't Auburn rule him ineligible for this weekend's game on Tuesday?

I haven't been able to follow this as much as I'd like to because of exams and such. All of this just seems very sketchy to me. But, if there is no evidence then there is no evidence. It just seems like the NCAA jumped the gun on this ruling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.