Photo
- - - - -

This is why trading up for Armanti Edwards was stupid..(ps SCP went to Eastern Car.)

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#166 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

My question right now is "HOW CAN HE NOT BE A BUST"? I mean what is he going to do in 2 years that we dont have right now? How is he going to set the panthers on fire?

If anyone can give me a logical reason I will change my mind and say he was worth the pick.

#167 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

the problem is, what was the point of it? I mean really?

Wildcat formation? Next year we might run an offense that doesn't use it at all and i don't see us running it right now either.

reminded you of Antwaan Randle El? He was never as talented as Antwaan coming out

local college pick to appease regional fanbase? EEEUUUUUUUUCCCHHHHHH

this is like the trade/3rd round pick a 14-2 superbowl team makes when they have just about all the holes filled already. Our DTs are terrible, our TEs are not pass catchers, poo even line depth is always a consideration when you're confused with who to pick

Damn, why'd you have to bring that up and make me actually think about that? lol

The fact that Hurney probably really did think it was a good idea to trade up for a guy who's ceiling, if that, was Antwan Randle-El actually makes this poo even worse lol

#168 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,125 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

my question right now is "how can he not be a bust"? I mean what is he going to do in 2 years that we dont have right now? How is he going to set the panthers on fire?

If anyone can give me a logical reason i will change my mind and say he was worth the pick.

because youre not a professional gm and nobody pays you to make those decisions and youre an armchair gm gaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

#169 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Just to clarify, I didn't say Armanti reminds me of Randle El. Some dude said it takes D1 QBs 1-5 years to make the transition to NFL WR or something like that. I pointed to Randle El as somebody who is the same size as Armanti but made the transistion from college QB to NFL WR/KR instantly. He played in 16 game as a rookie. So the excuses Armanti jock sniffers keep making for him are kind of weak.

Hurney's thought process going into drafting Edwards:

"Well, I know our O-line depth stinks and we have no DTs to speak of, but i realllllllly think we're just a poor man's Julien Edleman away from being really good"

#170 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,941 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

If anyone can give me a logical reason I will change my mind and say he was worth the pick.

He was 4-0 against WCU.

#171 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

This thread=17 pages

AE as a WR=0 catches

5 pages you n00b. Get your settings right.

Oh, and Armanti will go down as one of the worst picks in Panthers history.

#172 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:28 AM

Really no basis to call this guy a bust, and therfore the trade good or bad. You can't judge a player you hasnt even finished there rookie season in a trastion from two totally different postins.

#173 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

Lets see him once we get a real offensive coordinator and see if he still sucks next year.

Edited by panthers55, 03 December 2010 - 01:07 AM.

#174 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

My question right now is "HOW CAN HE NOT BE A BUST"? I mean what is he going to do in 2 years that we dont have right now? How is he going to set the panthers on fire?

Somebody with alot of pull in the Panthers org wanted him. There were reports that he was going to be grabbed by another team prior to our next pick. Our guy pulled the trigger on the trade. It doesn't matter how much whining continues, it can't be undone. It would be better for mental well-being to hope he develops rather than bitching that he hasn't.

Just saying

#175 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:32 AM

Somebody with alot of pull in the Panthers org wanted him. There were reports that he was going to be grabbed by another team prior to our next pick. Our guy pulled the trigger on the trade. It doesn't matter how much whining continues, it can't be undone. It would be better for mental well-being to hope he develops rather than bitching that he hasn't.

Just saying

*forces more rep your way*

Thank you for expressing what a majority of the "reasonable" fans are doing =P

#176 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:39 AM

We lost 34 lettermen, have a new coach, new OC, new DC, new offense, new defense, 6 returning starters, beat NC State, are bowl eligible for the 5th consecutive year and are coming off back to back conference titles.
Your shots at ECU are ridiculous and you showed your lack of general college football knowledge with that post. We lost to badly to Navy, which sucks... but it's hard to defend against them when you've only got 2 active DT's on your roster due to injury.

D1AA football, no matter how you slice it, is inferior to FBS football. You can stack up all the JV titles you want and they don't amount to ANYTHING on the FBS level. BCS conference or not, we play the big boys week in and week out, and ARE one of the big boys. Just ask UNC, NC State, VT, WVU, Miami, etc. Get real.

That said, Armanti is garbage, and I'd love for him to be able to help this team...but it looks like he's in WAYYYYY over his head, and we gave up WAY too much to get him.

Did you just call NC state a "big boy"? Ha!

#177 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:40 AM

Really no basis to call this guy a bust, and therfore the trade good or bad. You can't judge a player you hasnt even finished there rookie season in a trastion from two totally different postins.

But at least he practices water safety!

#178 Third Degree

Third Degree

All we do is win

• HUDDLER
  • 4,705 posts
  • Location704

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

But at least he practices water safety!

Alway swim wid a buddy when you around wata.

I enjoy hearing him talk. But that couldn't have been more scripted, it was like they were trying to see the cue cards better as they were reading.

#179 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

The fact is he will not make the numbers game next year and if he dose then it will only be because of what we gave up for him. He is Jarrett 2.0

Lets see him once we get a real offensive coordinator and see if he still sucks next year.

With that logic. LaFell and Gettis will still be miles ahead of him.

Just saying

Your logical conclusion is: it is what it is.... just saying

#180 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

Your logical conclusion is: it is what it is.... just saying

Don't cry over spilled milk? :beatdeadhorse5:

I think we all know good and God damn well that AE can't swim. He couldn't even read the cue card without moving his entire head. I wonder if he had his "swimming legs" by the time they aired this :lol:

Man I hope he develops into something special T.T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com