Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gamble Walked Out of Practice Last Week

41 posts in this topic

Posted

If he got thrown under the bus because of Godfrey's play then I'm siding with Gamble on this one. Even though he's had a bad couple of weeks Gamble has always been a good CB to count on for this team. I would imagine he's getting really frustrated with the scheme as well. If you recall Gamble stated that he wanted to play more man to man because he believes he can take on the upper tier WR's in the league. He wanted to play man to man against Fitzgerald in the 09 playoffs but we ran the same vanilla bullshit.

Posted

I think a change in defense will help gamble. He is a man CB playing zone. Wast of talent if you ask me.

Posted

This is the kind of thing that happens to 1-10 teams.

Posted

you can see on that play he assumed godfrey would be up top playing his half of the field.

Posted

For Gamble of all people to do something like this... :(

Hopefully it's personal issues.

Posted

Gamble is declining, fast. The guy hasn't had a pick in forever. I geuss our 2 lame duck safties are gonna claim another great corner in Carolina, just like Lucas all over agian.

A good representation of the sheer ignorance of our fanbase.

2 people like this

Posted

I think a change in defense will help gamble. He is a man CB playing zone. Wast of talent if you ask me.

like w/ all players, Fox wants them to play Foxball. He won't tailor scheme around what actually fits the players. You can even go back and look at Ken Lucas. Lucas was a much better corner when allowed to get on his man at the line of scrimmage but instead he was asked to play a soft zone.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the kind of thing that happens to 1-10 teams.

Gamble is a huge character concern.. I can't believe he is still on our team.. character, character, character..............

Posted

If he got thrown under the bus because of Godfrey's play then I'm siding with Gamble on this one. Even though he's had a bad couple of weeks Gamble has always been a good CB to count on for this team. I would imagine he's getting really frustrated with the scheme as well. If you recall Gamble stated that he wanted to play more man to man because he believes he can take on the upper tier WR's in the league. He wanted to play man to man against Fitzgerald in the 09 playoffs but we ran the same vanilla bullshit.

You don't walk out of practice because the coaches unfairly assign blame to you. You take it and move on.

Clealry something else is going on in his life.

1 person likes this

Posted

This.

There's mention I believe in the article hinting at something might be going on in Gamble's personal life. A terrible season and getting put on blast for blown coverage where maybe he might not have believed he was in the wrong could've definitely sent him tipping.

Posted

You don't walk out of practice because the coaches unfairly assign blame to you. You take it and move on.

Gamble is making top 10 money as a DB, which was another stupid move by the FO. I see him getting beat every game and his stats back it up, 35 tackles and 0 interceptions. However, Godfrey has 64 tackles and 4 interceptions and plays the run well. Gamble has regressed over the past 2 years, but we overpay him like many others.

As Miaoww stated, walking out on your team because someone brought up your performance is childish, he should be the guy leading the team on the field and in the locker room, not Johnson, Beason or Anderson.

Posted

Gamble is making top 10 money as a DB, which was another stupid move by the FO. I see him getting beat every game and his stats back it up, 35 tackles and 0 interceptions. However, Godfrey has 64 tackles and 4 interceptions and plays the run well. Gamble has regressed over the past 2 years, but we overpay him like many others.

As Miaoww stated, walking out on your team because someone brought up your performance is childish, he should be the guy leading the team on the field and in the locker room, not Johnson, Beason or Anderson.

You are focusing on the highlights and not thinking about the overall consistency and reliability. Godfrey has also been responsible for 3 TDs through the air and countless on the ground, then there is the big play after big play he has allowed due to his poor coverage.

And Gamble? Well he leads the team in pass breakups with 5, has only give up 1 TD this season and holds his receivers to a 60.1 completion %. Not top 10 level, probably about average, maybe close to above average.

I completely agree with him not deserving the contract, although the $54 million is a touch misleading (if I recall the breakdown properly) and he would have gotten more on the open market. However I do not agree with the way you have come to that decision, basing it on interceptions and tackles. I suppose next you will tell me Nnamdi Asomugha is not a top level Cb with just 2 interceptions in three years? Here is a hint, he has only given up 2 TDs in that time as well...